kyosho electric offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Best off sticking with the Kyosho rims, there are some Tamiya rims with the same size hax but the offset is different.

Here in the UK there are some Fastrax rims knocking around that are spoked but are also slightly different in dimensions.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are you guy's favorite winds to run in your ZX-5's? I've got a 10x2 lying around and I'm thinking that should work well, but mabye a 11x2 would be more than enough?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Neither would be a mistake, 10 turns seems to be the default choice in a 4wd these days. Try them both and see which you prefer.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Best off sticking with the Kyosho rims, there are some Tamiya rims with the same size hax but the offset is different......
Unless the wheels mount directly onto a drive pin, the Kyosho and Tamiya both use the same size hex. The only other size hex I've seen was Schumacher, which is slightly larger.

If you look at the ZX-5 (white) vs. the DF03 wheels, by the look of it, the offset seems the same, but the DF03 rear wheels are wider. Also the older Kyosho ZXR (yellow) is the same offset but is narrower than both the ZX-5(white) and DF03 (Black) rear wheels
Old 08-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BringItOn
tony you sending more screws to amain? they are out of stock and looking to buy a kit from them soon with your screws.
Amain should be fully stocked. My guess is that they are so busy, it takes them a few days to get the inventory checked in and up on the site...lol

If you see something out of stock, I'd call them.

Best regards,
Old 08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BringItOn
double post
Not quite. See specifics again.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
on the KMC conversion...check www.oople.com in the forum section under Kyosho ZX5...ive left some info there about the car.
Excellent source of information thx.

Any chance a one unit aluminum front tower mount and camber brace may be in the works? I would be extremely interested.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question concerning the aluminum shock tower braces....

Is it necessary to have one for the rear shock tower? Yes I have one and just unsure if it is truely needed. I've installed the front hinge pin brace and the front aluminum shock tower mount and installed a T Bone front bumper.

I think I'm pretty much ready to put it on the track I have in it a Novak 6.5 brushless and Peak racing lipo batteries geared 17/76

One thing for sure there isn't alot of room under the body for all the wires and electronics. How are you guys equipment laid out?

James

Last edited by 22dasher; 08-16-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont have the smallest radio gear, but mine is laid out like This
Old 08-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Here's mine...

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 06-02-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

After the breakage of a homemade CF front shock tower after a full speed (Novak 6.5) collision with a T-maxx, I decided to get a shooters tower as a replacement, well after just a couple of laps I pulled the car off the track and found that the tower had cracked nearly in half in the area of the shock mounting holes. The crash that did that damage was and end over in a medium speed turn.

Just a little warning for the shooters front tower.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 22dasher
Question concerning the aluminum shock tower braces....

Is it necessary to have one for the rear shock tower? Yes I have one and just unsure if it is truely needed. I've installed the front hinge pin brace and the front aluminum shock tower mount and installed a T Bone front bumper.

I think I'm pretty much ready to put it on the track I have in it a Novak 6.5 brushless and Peak racing lipo batteries geared 17/76

One thing for sure there isn't alot of room under the body for all the wires and electronics. How are you guys equipment laid out?

James
Re: shock tower mounts, look out for the new updated parts trees from Kyosho with much more material. I'm running one of those on the front and I've broken a couple of shock towers and had a big corner-almost-off accident with it and it's held up. Much cheaper than the alloy ones (which seem to break as well).
Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Speedy Penguin - I make carbon fiber shock towers as well as other parts for the ZX-5. I have sold an awful lot of shock towers, and I have never heard of one breaking. Somebody please chime in if this is not the case. My towers have a lot more material around the stressed areas. You can take a look at them at A-Main Hobbies. Look in the ZX-5 hop up parts section. The Shooters towers were not very well thought out. It seems like they were made without regard to strength.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonWorks
Speedy Penguin - I make carbon fiber shock towers as well as other parts for the ZX-5. I have sold an awful lot of shock towers, and I have never heard of one breaking. Somebody please chime in if this is not the case. My towers have a lot more material around the stressed areas. You can take a look at them at A-Main Hobbies. Look in the ZX-5 hop up parts section. The Shooters towers were not very well thought out. It seems like they were made without regard to strength.
Yeah, I was going to buy yours for his buggy but A-Main was out so I had to get the shooters one. BIG mistake. I made the first one and it held up a long time but CF sucks to work with so I'd rather just buy one. I'll see if A-Main has them now.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

+1 for Carbon Works Shock towers.

I've even modified mine to allow the body shell to keep the nose attached. It still takes a lot of punishment and hasn't cracked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.