Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kyosho electric offroad >

kyosho electric offroad

kyosho electric offroad

Old 12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone have a set-up for hard pack track that gets loose? What front drive set-ups is anyone running? Spool,diff,one-way, one-way input?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Web-site problem

We have to apologize to those that are trying to track their orders from the website. IX Webhosting has still not resolved all the problems that were created when their server crashed last week. It has created error problems when you go to check your account and at check out. Please contact us via email if you need anything and cannot order from the site. All credit cards are accepted via Paypal and we take Visa & MC orders via Authorize.net over the website or by phone. Cantact us at [email protected]

thanks for your support !!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:29 AM

Kyosho is working on the new website as we speak. It will have a lot more info for the racers. As far as the front brace goes, that is a little weak spot right now, but it will be addressed. Kyosho does offer a spring kit, I will try and get a part number for you guys.

I am trying to get a set-up sheet from Pavidis and Kortz. I will try and post it when I get them.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EDIT: Entire post edited to provide information I was checking on tonight.

Speaking of springs, the Kyosho springs are just slightly smaller in diameter than some Losi springs that I have. The top retaining ring is large enough to accomodate the diameter, but the bottom Kyosho retainer is just ever so slightly too small.

Putting the Losi lower spring retainer on the Kyosho ball end leaves a little too much wiggle for my liking. You cannot replace the Kyosho pivot ball end with a Losi one because the Losi one is bigger slightly and won't fit in the A-Arm..

THe thought of $6 springs is unappealing to me what can I say?

I found this chart somewhere that may explain what weight the #350 bottle of oil with lots of Japanese writing on it is in Losi or AE oil. If the chart is right its about 30 weight Losi.

CPS = LosiWT = Assoc.W
100 .... 10 .... 7.5
150 .... 15 .... 12.5
200 .... 20 .... 17.5
275 .... 25 .... 22.5
350 .... 30 .... 27.5
425 .... 35 .... 33.5
500 .... 40 .... 37.5

Last edited by Rysuleod; 12-05-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Maxspeed, You missed the big Offroad race at Trackside this past weekend. What you been doin? I will be getting the zx5 tonight anyone have a good set up so far that they can post? I have the titanium screws and Lunsford tierods any other upgrades that should be done to the car while building it?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Fabulous: I was at the Hurricane race at IRP munching some rug. I will be going to Trackside for a full day of testing this week. They are sending me some new stuff to try out. Do you know what tires the guys are running in 4WD?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Maxspeed, We are running Losi pink tapper w/grey inserts dremel down to slicks in rear & Losi 7285 fronts w/rear stock foam inserts dremel down to slicks. Running Thursday? Got my zx5 tonight, hope to have it ready by Thursday.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

This information has been pulled from another forum. I have no idea on the spring rates yet. If I find out I will edit this post.

These springs are for the ZX-5.

Front springs from hard to soft:

75 White
70 Silver (comes with kit)
65 Light Yellow
60 Yellow
55 Red

Rear springs from hard to soft:

80 Green
75 White
70 Silver (comes with kit)
68 Blue
65 Light Yellow
60 Yellow
Old 12-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I finally got my ZX-5 on Sunday and its all ready to go now... All I can say is Rysuleod and Brit Race are in trouble, haha.

Did anyone notice if their rear center drive shaft is slightly our of round. My rear center shaft wobbles quite a bit and im pretty much checking if this is a common thing...

Also curious to as if anybody knows who makes any kind of aluminum front steering blocks and an aluminum front brace. I saw the post about the glowplug.com guy, but I figure he doesn't want/need my business because he hasn't emailed me back, haha.

Thanks for your help,
Rocco
Old 12-06-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

rmargiotta, I too have noticed that my center shaft wobbles a bit. I find the problem to be the front shaft assembly. I use the center one-way and noticed the one-way bearing doesn't sit exactly perfect in the hex and that is what causes the wobble. It doesn't seem to affect performance though, this car has been awesome since the day I got it.
I too am wondering about glowplug.com guy. He hasn't replied to my email either. Maybe he is busy? I don't know him, so I can't pass judgement... Anywho, I'm still on the look out for an aluminum front brace. Anyone make one up yet for sale?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Damn....competition....

I had the same issue and my main drive shaft is not prefectly balanced, but it doesnt seem to cause any noticeable vibrations.

He responded to me, said he had none in stock, but was looking to get more made. Front hinge pin brace would be approx $30.

If there are now a few of us I suggest we speak with Team Tamale He said he could do it, there are at least 5 of us now with one locally...

I would propose front hinge pin brace and front shock tower support...although the latter is pretty complicated.=expensive...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I finally got my ZX-5 on Sunday and its all ready to go now... All I can say is Rysuleod and Brit Race are in trouble, haha.

Did anyone notice if their rear center drive shaft is slightly our of round. My rear center shaft wobbles quite a bit and im pretty much checking if this is a common thing...

Also curious to as if anybody knows who makes any kind of aluminum front steering blocks and an aluminum front brace. I saw the post about the glowplug.com guy, but I figure he doesn't want/need my business because he hasn't emailed me back, haha.

Thanks for your help,
Rocco
I don't know why, but it always takes me forever to build a kit for the first time. I'm still not 100% done and I got mine last Wednesday. I have to paint and cut my body. I am thinking I will not go with neon pink like the previous owner of my XXX4! <points at rmargiotta>

I noticed that when I spun my wheels, the shaft did indeed look like it was not rotating perfectly even. I did not check, but isn't the back taller than the front? The blue aluminum posts in the back are taller. Maybe the slight downward angle from the back to front contributes to the shaft wobble because of the contact from the pin and the outdrive.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

I picked up a ZX5 last night and it took me 3 hours to put together using titanium screws - shocks. I must say this car has a lot of parts to it compared to other off road cars I have assembled. My center shaft has no wobble to it.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Nah man the diffs have to be level... and I'm also sorry about that whole XXX4 body i sold with my old car Rysueod, haha. This one may be the same ifit doesn't warm up enough to paint outside again...

I too noticed the front input shaft having the wobble in it but after rotating it and pressing down on the high point(s) it seems alright, but the rear shaft seems to be the problem... I hope there is an option availble before too long. I'm not worried about the performance, I guess i've just been spoiled by XRay's precision, but this car is certainly a step up from a Losi, haha.

This dude, Fabulous has got to be in denial... and I'd like to see the 3 hour build on that car...

And as far as the Team Tamale deal goes, Ron Molecular said he was gonna get him to make those, but Larry is always so proud of his stuff....
Old 12-06-2005, 06:33 PM
FBR
Tech Adept

Three hours to build it uhm yeah right it took me about 8-8.5 hours to build it. Probably could have done it quicker with a better manual but oh well.
Travis
W.E.D.Jim I will be sending you some more bodies to paint unless you can get the zx-5 body locally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.