R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #16
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, that's what I meant. My wife's parents live near cedar rapids. So I'm over there sometimes. I'd love to whip my GT out sometime this winter. The outdoor track looks great. How long has that place been open?

Here's the track that I run: www.hobbyplexraceway.com . We just ended our first offroad season.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L2-ProRacer

Extreme R/C started about 4 years ago in Cedar Falls with a nice track. They moved to Evansdale winter 03/04 and took on new management. Everything is going very well now - we had our outdoor track right where the indoor building stands right now last year. We moved it farther back this summer and had the indoor building put up.

The indoor will be VERY nice. The set up we have is going to be challenging and we have a nice clay mixture that will hook up very well. Step pins, switches and grips will be the tire of choice. Feel free to come down some time to race!

Your near Cedar Rapids... are you at Mid America Hobbies at all in NL? I'm going to be there for their 2 day race this sunday with a couple guys. Anyone else going?
L2-ProRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

here is one more reason for me to move back to IOWA any on road tracks ??

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Couldn't hit the site for the Extreme RC track, but I have friends that live in Evansdale, and drive isn't that long. Are you guys planning any trophy races in the future? We have a group of "traveling" racers that could make the trip if there were a weekend race down there.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard hudson
here is one more reason for me to move back to IOWA any on road tracks ??
I believe the closest carpet track is Omaha Hobbytown.

Vinton might still be racing carpet but I'm not sure.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to L2-ProRacer

We actually just had our 3rd annual Roast & Race which is pretty much the last outdoor race of the season. We will race a few more outdoors until it gets too cold. We had 63 racers at the Roast & Race.

We want to have a big race every 6-8 weeks or so but nothing is planned just yet. We will be racing Friday nights every week when the indoor season starts and most likely another night during the week. It would be great to have you guys up! A bunch of guys from North Liberty and Des Moines make the drive pretty often and we average a pretty decent turn out.
L2-ProRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are they open for practice at all? (ft dodge)
sjenkins97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjenkins97
Are they open for practice at all? (ft dodge)
Not that I know of.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I getting the paperwork filled out to start a forum called iowarctracks.com. It will be a forum for al tracks in Iowa that want to particpate. I contacted Curt but I haven't heard back from him yet, but I invite all of you to join.

My local track is closing and this also means that our message board will down (http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/bjames) and this gave me my idea to make a central webpage for all RC tracks in Iowa. I see some users of that forum are on R/C Tech's site as well.

This would be a website where racers from all tracks in Iowa could get together to talk about the local track, and also talk about RC news, setups, etc. Some tracks in Iowa already have a website, or even a forum, but for the ones that don't this gives them a good way to give their track more coverage.

Basically, what I'll do is create the forum and add your track under the "Iowa RC Tracks" section. Then your racers can join the forum and talk amongst themselves. A lot of times people don't realize what tracks are open in their area and they have to rely on word-of-mouth, or websites such as ROAR (http://www.roarracing.com/region8.php) or RC Car Action magazine (http://www.rccaraction.com/info/rctrack_srch.asp).

If you agree to join our message board, then all I ask in return is that one of your Race Directors join the forum. I'll make them a moderator for their track so they can monitor activity in their forum. This way they can make sure that people act appropriately, and you can even list track news like upcoming races and even points for your season championship. The funds to finance this site will be coming out of my pocket, and I won't hold any liability as to what is said on the site, so that is why I will need your help monitoring the chatter on your track's forum.

I'll post more info once the site is up and running.
chilly4kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #25
Tech Master

Thumbs up

The site http://www.iowarctracks.com is up and running right now. I invite all users to join this site that will cover all RC tracks in Iowa.

I have 4 tracks on board, and I'm waiting to hear back from more. Please tell your friends about it so we can have a "one stop shop" for all tracks in Iowa.

The site is 80% complete so you may see a few times that it is down as I add new features.

Hope to you see you there!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #26
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will you take the track in omaha and put it on your site? We get a lot of Iowa racers.

Alex Sturgeon, [email protected]
www.Hobbyplexraceway.com
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

nice site chilly4kc. (although it looks like you've got some 4wd cars in the 2wd section.) I'm registering as we speak!

Have you contacted Curt about adding the Ft. Dodge track? I'm sure he'd love the exposure. Speaking of Ft.Dodge, I missed tonight as I wasn't feeling the best. Does anyone here know when the Sunday race is happening this month? Curt said he'd announce it at tonight's race.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:16 AM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroBoy
Will you take the track in omaha and put it on your site? We get a lot of Iowa racers.

Alex Sturgeon, [email protected]
www.Hobbyplexraceway.com
I have requests to add the track in Chillicothe, MO too.

http://www.nmr-c.com

I've seen pic sthe Omaha track off of their website before and I need to stop there next time I'm in Omaha. Let me think about it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:18 AM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
nice site chilly4kc. (although it looks like you've got some 4wd cars in the 2wd section.) I'm registering as we speak!

Have you contacted Curt about adding the Ft. Dodge track? I'm sure he'd love the exposure. Speaking of Ft.Dodge, I missed tonight as I wasn't feeling the best. Does anyone here know when the Sunday race is happening this month? Curt said he'd announce it at tonight's race.
Please tell me what car you are referring to so I can fix it.

I e-mailed Curt but I haven't heard back yet. I know there are racers in my Area that like to head up to Ft. Dodge to race there. I just need the ok from Curt before I list them. I'll try to call him this weekend.

Last edited by chilly4kc; 10-13-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #30
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Curt got back to me today and I added the track to the forum. Go ahead and join and start talking about the track.

www.iowarctracks.com

We don't have the ability to insert images yet, but we are working on it.

Help spread the word and tell all Iowa RC racers to join!
Thanks!