R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

How competitive is the xxx-nt RTR ?

How competitive is the xxx-nt right out of the box. I plan on racing soon with my new xxx-nt at our local track but I wanted to know how well the Truck would stand up against the local competition. I used to race electric stadium trucks so this will be my first gas truck. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay
G2'sRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

For ROAR regulations the .15 engine will have to go. For an open class, the engine is fine. Is it the newer version (the RTR II) or the first version?

The first version has a proven geometry that is pretty good as far as strength and tuning abilities. The suspension operates freely and efficiently, but isn't as advanced as the newer AD2's or RTR II's. I can totally see a club racer taking a XXX-NT RTR out to the track and taking home some gold. They are good trucks and have no problem getting around a race track, afterall, that''s the purpose behind them. They were based on the AD1 and share it's suspension, so basicly your truck is a slightly detuned version of the racing truck. The only other differences between the RTR I and the AD1 are the materials that the AD1 is made from, and the way it's packaged. The AD1 was also make in America while the RTR I was made in Taiwan (I believe). The AD1 was an unassembled kit with no engine, or electronics. The RTR is...well...RTR.

If you have the RTR II then you are all set. Just pick up the right set of tires and some of the AD2 hop ups and your rockin'. For little money you can turn your RTR II into an AD2, just check to be sure of what your truck is missing from the AD2.

Either way, racing is mostly driving. I'll bet if you gave Caveliery a T2, he could definatly take a touring car driver with a MF2, it's just experience and driving skill that can get him around the track faster.
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

You will do just fine with the XXX-NT. Before you race i suggest asking around to see what shock setups and tyre setups everyone it running on your track just to give you that extra edge on your maiden run.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:27 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

All the above is said just right.

The only thing is, having the NEW car on the block is always a bomus, makes ppl think u are better than u are. I know this from experiance. I always had the new car, the new ESC, the new batteries, and it didnt matter. Always came down to driving and set up. I know race a AD1 and kick butt. It dont matter what u drive(to an extent) it matters how you drive it.
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote