Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Old 10-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bracer11
Where should I be for a FDR with a 10.5 motor?
Hello my friend. Most companies are going to have a recomended FDR around 8.0 per their 10.5T motor used 10th scale 4wd buggy.

Spur size divided by pinion size = X Thus X multiplied with IGR per the vehicle YZ4 IGR is 2.6

87 divided by 27 = 3.2 X 2.6(IGR) = FDR of 8.37

87/28 = 3.10 X 2.6(IGR) = FDR of 8.07

You could obtain your FDR using smaller spur gears but I think 87t is gtg.

If you want more top end with less acceleration go to smaller spur to larger pinion to obtain the desired FDR.

Oh for other spur gear sizes per direct fit to the YZ4 you can pick up any off the other brand spur gears specified for AE's B4 series. AE, Jconcepts, RDRP, Kimborough
Old 11-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Just a couple of questions for those of you running on loose dirt. I'm trying to get the car a little better dialed, in the rear especially. I have the Berzerk Superflex top-deck on the way, as well as the new two-piece rear hubs, steel FR mount, alloy RR mount (and inserts), +1 front arms, and also the BRC longer front upper arm mount. The rest of the car is basically kit spec currently, aside from carbon towers (front GW w/ flat arms), and narrow rear belt and pulleys.

Are the shorter rear arms (Z2-008R) a must? I see they are a common choice for dirt, but for the new rear hubs we also have to buy the 65mm shafts and the old BMAX4 rear c-clip axles (BM-010RAC)? Those BMAX4 axles seem to be a bit hard to find, are they a discontinued part like amain say? I wish I'd added a pair with my mibo order last week, as I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

I believe the 5mm rear hexes are also the way to go (my kit ones are 6mm). Will this make an appreciable difference on dirt?

I also plan on fitting the +1mm front graphite arms as I see many find they also help on dirt. Is it ok to run these with the standard S4 rear arms, or with the even shorter yz2 (Z2-008R) rear arms?

Any other advice on getting this thing best suited to our dirt here in Hawkes Bay, NZ would be super appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-4-t1.jpg   Yokomo YZ-4-t2.jpg  

Last edited by Zarathrustra; 11-05-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Gents,

Can anybody help me finding out what parts are needed to replace the front pulley clicker with the Aluminum Narrow Drive Pulley?

what flags do I need to get? "Aluminum Pulley Flange (Thick) (F / R / Center Outside) [YOKZ4-630F3]" ? Yokomo YZ-4 Aluminum Pulley Flange (Outside) [YOKZ4-630FC]? one of each?

thanks
Old 11-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asalas
Hi Gents,

Can anybody help me finding out what parts are needed to replace the front pulley clicker with the Aluminum Narrow Drive Pulley?

what flags do I need to get? "Aluminum Pulley Flange (Thick) (F / R / Center Outside) [YOKZ4-630F3]" ? Yokomo YZ-4 Aluminum Pulley Flange (Outside) [YOKZ4-630FC]? one of each?

thanks
Aluminum Pulley, 1 thin flange, 1 thick flange my friend
Old 11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zarathrustra
Just a couple of questions for those of you running on loose dirt. I'm trying to get the car a little better dialed, in the rear especially. I have the Berzerk Superflex top-deck on the way, as well as the new two-piece rear hubs, steel FR mount, alloy RR mount (and inserts), +1 front arms, and also the BRC longer front upper arm mount. The rest of the car is basically kit spec currently, aside from carbon towers (front GW w/ flat arms), and narrow rear belt and pulleys.

Are the shorter rear arms (Z2-008R) a must? I see they are a common choice for dirt, but for the new rear hubs we also have to buy the 65mm shafts and the old BMAX4 rear c-clip axles (BM-010RAC)? Those BMAX4 axles seem to be a bit hard to find, are they a discontinued part like amain say? I wish I'd added a pair with my mibo order last week, as I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

I believe the 5mm rear hexes are also the way to go (my kit ones are 6mm). Will this make an appreciable difference on dirt?

I also plan on fitting the +1mm front graphite arms as I see many find they also help on dirt. Is it ok to run these with the standard S4 rear arms, or with the even shorter yz2 (Z2-008R) rear arms?

Any other advice on getting this thing best suited to our dirt here in Hawkes Bay, NZ would be super appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig
The L5 front +1 flat a arms are great in combination with the standard S4 arms. The wider front stance is a plus and again the rear S4 rear a arms combo great on dirt. Rear shocks on the frontside of rear a arms.
Try 5mm rear hexes however I like the 6mm. The new 2 piece rear aluminum hubs are excellent. I would go with the 66.5mm rear CVA's.
Bezerk top deck is great. Try running saddles transverse as the work better than excellent.

12.5 front casters are my preferred choice for low to med bite dirt and clay.

The rear aluminum camber mount is great as is the alum and or steel rear front and rear hangers. You will need the inserts. Gullwing front tower I prefer as I get more droop being the shock holes are a tad lower the the flat CF front tower.

Get the aluminum front camber mounts as well. BRC front skid bumper is awesome. I have not tried his other products yet but he knows his stuff.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Norse
Aluminum Pulley, 1 thin flange, 1 thick flange my friend
Cheers Norse
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Norse, I'll take all of that on board. I hadn't though of trying the rear shocks forward, but I'll be sure to do so as well.

A lot of what I'm already aiming for is taken from the wealth of info from you and others earlier in this thread. Much appreciated!
Old 11-06-2016, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

ZARA and Asaias no problem my friends all the YZ4 owners are glad to help. I will see what the parts numbers are for the alum pulley, thick and thin flange and post.

For me the rear shocks forward really seems to lock the rear end down thus it does not break out. This wheeler keeps getting better as people keep sharing advice and tips.

Have a great day fellas
Old 11-06-2016, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Gents,

thanks

Z4-630A for the pulley

Z4-630F3 for the wide flange

Z4-630FC for the narrow flange

Don't forget, you'll need a pin to go through the layshaft for the pulley to lock on to, ZS-011NM.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Myall
Z4-630A for the pulley

Z4-630F3 for the wide flange

Z4-630FC for the narrow flange

Don't forget, you'll need a pin to go through the layshaft for the pulley to lock on to, ZS-011NM.

J Myall is always quick and spot on helping deliver info. 👍
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
J Myall is always quick and spot on helping deliver info. 👍
I do try
Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks to both Norse and John Myall. I'm now off to my LHS to go and get those parts!

cheers
Old 11-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks to both Norse and John Myall. I'm now off to my LHS to go and get those parts!

cheers
Your LHS stocks Yokomo parts??? LUCKY!!!!!
aspiringracer likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott R
Your LHS stocks Yokomo parts??? LUCKY!!!!!
They do. Down Under in Melbourne. They are actually trying to make Yokomo more popular here, not that it doesn't already have a solid fanbase.

So, I went to my LHS, got the pulley and flanges. I'm now waiting for the weekend to go and have fun at the racing track. Thanks again Norse and Johnmyall.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Damn, all we have here in the states is Amain

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.