Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
What's this car weigh RTR out of the box?
Good question. Honestly I have never weighed either of my 2 YZ4's. Both of mine are fully hopped up and they still don't feel like tanks. Great wheeler! is the YZ4.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Post from​ when the car came out said 1650 RTR. I'd say 1650 to 1680 based on electronics.

Mine was at 1620 for Stock Nats.
Norse likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Default YZ4 prototype body by LMR/MR33

This prototype body per the YZ4 which is a LMR/MR33 collaboration is just stunningly beautiful. Looks like they modified the front hood, thus lifting which looks like it allows the cab to sit lower and a tad more forward Centerline back looks like the married the balk half of prolines BMAX 4 phantom body. Whatever they did they sure laid out a sweet design.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-4-img_0724.jpg  
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
This prototype body per the YZ4 which is a LMR/MR33 collaboration is just stunningly beautiful. Looks like they modified the front hood, thus lifting which looks like it allows the cab to sit lower and a tad more forward Centerline back looks like the married the balk half of prolines BMAX 4 phantom body. Whatever they did they sure laid out a sweet design.
Not sure Lee is using it now, his car looks like the std shell at the first two U.K. Nationals this year.

The car itself, looks properly dialled in though
Old 06-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Great looking body - I believe Lee mentioned on one of his live chats a few months ago this body never made it to the production phase though - maybe we can ask him about it on his next live chat.
Norse likes this.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Lee Martin ran the BMax 4 at the Euro Warm Ups this past weekend in Italy. I guess it is better on lower traction, dusty surfaces vs. the YZ4, which seems to be used more on carpet/astro. It will be interesting to see what they run for the big race.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Lee Martin ran the BMax 4 at the Euro Warm Ups this past weekend in Italy. I guess it is better on lower traction, dusty surfaces vs. the YZ4, which seems to be used more on carpet/astro. It will be interesting to see what they run for the big race.
Yeah, I'd say all the Yokomo guys will be on the B-Max4 style platform for the World's, unless something new is the works that becomes the newer shaft driven vehicle to compliment the YZ4. BMax is a great vehicle, but parts supply is pretty scarce these days.

Very cool to see a 10 year old platform still competitive, but on the flip side would like to see the pros supporting a platform that is more accessible to the Yokomo community for us all to play
Old 06-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

They probably will roll with two wheelers, thus YZ4 and whatever they label their shaft driven wheeler. I think it would be smart to offer both belt and shaft thus covers a wider spektrum. For me I absolutely love my YZ4's and I run on lower bite dirt. The car requires on to be patient in dialing it in, however once you get to that point it's crazy good.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by draboyd19
Great looking body - I believe Lee mentioned on one of his live chats a few months ago this body never made it to the production phase though - maybe we can ask him about it on his next live chat.
Sure would sell a lot of them as the are just to damn good looking.
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by draboyd19
Yeah, I'd say all the Yokomo guys will be on the B-Max4 style platform for the World's, unless something new is the works that becomes the newer shaft driven vehicle to compliment the YZ4. BMax is a great vehicle, but parts supply is pretty scarce these days.

Very cool to see a 10 year old platform still competitive, but on the flip side would like to see the pros supporting a platform that is more accessible to the Yokomo community for us all to play
Yokomo needs to re-release what their sponsored drivers run and get over their embarrassment for dropping a platform which others have stuck with or have also went back to. BMAX 4 imo was changed out of boredom or just to release something new. nothing creates brand distrust and ruins brand loyalty than seeing pro drivers not driving the current product. Bmax 4 left overs is almost like Durango left overs, yeah you can piece it all together, but rather tuff and costly

months back when AE released the 64, the 13.5 class exploded in many areas, but not all wanted the 64. some got xrays, some ordered Yz4's....the moment the word got out that RM was seen running a BMAZ-YZ shaft drive hybrid, many slammed the breaks on their yokomo purchases, some returned their kits, some sold them off to either wait, or run a 64 or XB4 interim.

now seeing a second top driver is running shaft....yokomo imo is shafting themselves

それは皮膚のローションをこすります。そうでなければ再びホースを得ます

Last edited by Pinkz; 06-05-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah the original Bmax 4 platform is the easiest to drive 4wd ever. which means you can set it up super aggressive and makes it goes heaps faster and yet still drivable
Old 07-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anything new on the YZ4 front?
Old 07-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
anything new on the YZ4 front?
YZ4 is a great car. As for anything new, the Grimes slipper assembly is a game changer, and I know he is working on a new part for it, but last I spoke to him he'd hadn't had much time to do anything more with it.

The Bmax4 is a great vehicle as well, but parts supple is scare these days, so unless you have one already it's not really worth the investment at this point.

As for something new, Lee Martin has been playing with a new 4WD format over in Japan and in Europe last week that he's been pleased with - whatever that vehicle is comprised of is likely the future Yokomo 4WD.....so more details on that in the next few months I'm sure.

I also heard that whatever 4WD Maifield was on this past weekend at the Summer JConcepts Indoor Series race was off limits from photos with body off during the event, so my guess is he's been testing the new platform as well.

Lee and Ryan will continue to test and I'm sure the Yokomo community will be informed of what's on the horizon in the next 2-3 months.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Cool. I have been happy with my YZ2 DTM and even though I am actively waiting to see what the Tekno EB410 will be like, Yokomo impressed me enough to want to see what is up on the 4wd front. I'll keep an eye on this thread while the D413s hold down the fort.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Bmax and a YZ4, and we have recently been running a 13.5 4wd class at my track and I reincarnated my B-max because it's so much more efficient than the belts. I actually took the entire suspension from my Yz4 and transplanted it on my B-max. It's never been better with the YZ4 gull wing arms and the S4 rear setup on the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.