R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree71Likes

Old 01-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #721
Tech Initiate

Default Yz-4 VS Hbd413

How would this car compare to a d413? Easier to work on (getting diff's out) any issues with leaking diff's? Any must have upgrades?

Thanks!
Levelup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:21 AM   #722
Tech Adept

Diff leaking will not be a problem.

Getting the diffs out is a lot of work though, due to the fact they are put together in a horizontal way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levelup View Post
How would this car compare to a d413? Easier to work on (getting diff's out) any issues with leaking diff's? Any must have upgrades?

Thanks!
kempower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #723
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The rear shocks, advantages/disadvantages of mounting them on the front of the rear arm or the back of the rear arm?
cracky1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:17 AM   #724
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levelup View Post

Thanks!
Like kempower said, the diffs can be a pain to get to, the front in particular. Your unlikely to have the time to replace oils in between rounds unless your at one of the bigger meetings. Having said that, the car otherwise is easy to work on.
And as for Yok diffs leaking, thats unheard of.

Last edited by Piles; 01-13-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #725
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracky1970 View Post
The rear shocks, advantages/disadvantages of mounting them on the front of the rear arm or the back of the rear arm?
There are a few things that the shock mounting achieves, but generally, shocks on the back gives it a bit more traction in lower grip conditions. Also slows down how quickly the car reacts.

Shocks on the front, make the car react faster in turns as the weight is more forward. Gives a whisker more droop. Better for when the grip is up.

I tried mine both ways on a slimey astro track, the shocks forward were 0.5 seconds quicker on a lap, but harder to drive & slower over the run.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #726
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info on the shocks @John Myall.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:57 AM   #727
Tech Adept

Quote:
One other thing that it does is that it moves the location of the wing. Shocks in the back = wing further back. That definitely has an effect at high speed.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #728
Tech Adept

I also should have mentioned that i'm running on med to high bite indoor clay track. OCRC. Most of the setups I see are for astro, carpet or mixed track. The clay setups I see are for low traction. Being such a new car I know it will take a minute for a med to high bite clay setup. I copied a setup of a regular at the track and it's been a night and day difference in the way the car handles and drives. When I get it to where I like it, I'll post a setup sheet for it.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:00 PM   #729
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I also should have mentioned that i'm running on med to high bite indoor clay track. OCRC. Most of the setups I see are for astro, carpet or mixed track. The clay setups I see are for low traction. Being such a new car I know it will take a minute for a med to high bite clay setup. I copied a setup of a regular at the track and it's been a night and day difference in the way the car handles and drives. When I get it to where I like it, I'll post a setup sheet for it.
what is the combination for shock?
trf415msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:26 PM   #730
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Any suggestions on nice aluminum servo horns?
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #731
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
are you sell your yz4?
trf415msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #732
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
There is some minor drag but barely noticeable for my setup I'm running a 6.5t with the stock spur so that added gear advantage masks some of the drag that may be there. If your running a smaller spur and larger pinion for a higher turn motor the drag will be more noticeable.

Also I'm full loose on all belt tensioners.
I was assembling my yz4 today and noticed the belt tension was not changing much moving the rear tensioner forward or aft on the wide belt. I installed 3mm of shims between the tensioner mount and top deck and still have plenty of room to get my shorty pack in and out. Should I adjust the tensioner all of the way forward to get the belt as loose as possible or is rearward the loosest setting? This is the stock wide belt btw as I am waiting on a backordered narrow belt kit. Right now the front belt is a bit tighter even with the top deck tensioner removed.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #733
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf415msx View Post
are you sell your yz4?
No decided to keep it as I know I would regret it.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #734
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetburner View Post
I was assembling my yz4 today and noticed the belt tension was not changing much moving the rear tensioner forward or aft on the wide belt. I installed 3mm of shims between the tensioner mount and top deck and still have plenty of room to get my shorty pack in and out. Should I adjust the tensioner all of the way forward to get the belt as loose as possible or is rearward the loosest setting? This is the stock wide belt btw as I am waiting on a backordered narrow belt kit. Right now the front belt is a bit tighter even with the top deck tensioner removed.
Don't forget about the rear tensioner on the rear belt located on the center bullhead. It can be adjusted, thus sliding up and down a tad to loosen or tighten the rear belt. Again it's Located right behind rear belts center pulley.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #735
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
I'm using an Exotek one for Associated B4/5s. The holes line up pretty well.

I think I saw somewhere, someone using one from a Yok touring car, but not tried one myself.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote