Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
any info on these questions?
Have some answers to your questions below. Defininetly need the bushings when using the rear rear and rear front aluminum, steel or brass hangers.
Z4300 rr will come with a spacer/shim.

Not sure if your using the aluminum rear camber block but if so it works perfa with Z4300srr. Also depends wether you use the rear bumper or not, as the rear bumper acts as a shim and works with the rear rear spacer that comes with Z4300rr.

Last edited by Norse; 01-06-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

thats just it, i cant seem to find any info on part # z4-300rf
You can use any off the rear front Z2 hangers as I believe the only listed YZ4 hanger is Z4300 rr in aluminum. I will check as I have not looked at these parts lately.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

can you point me in the right direction on where to get the z4-300rf bracket? only thing i can find is z2-300rf. i can find the z4 spacers but no z4 bracket.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
You can use any off the rear front Z2 hangers as I believe the only listed YZ4 hanger is Z4300 rr in aluminum. I will check as I have not looked at these parts lately.
ok, that makes sense hence my original question about if it was a z2 or z4 part #
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

ok, that makes sense hence my original question about if it was a z2 or z4 part #
You got it. The only listed rear rear hanger for the YZ4 is Z4300srr which is the aluminum rear rear hanger. All the rear front hangers will be listed as Z2.
Remember not to forget the B4 bushing inserts as they are needed with all the alloy hangers.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have any issues with obtaining a nice pinion gear to spur gear mesh? Seems really tight when I mesh the pinion to spur. Possibly I need to not use the kit's pinion gear and try another of my spur is slightly warped. Not sure but I would think the pinion to spur mesh would be a little more smoother.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have any issues with obtaining a nice pinion gear to spur gear mesh? Seems really tight when I mesh the pinion to spur. Possibly I need to not use the kit's pinion gear and try another of my spur is slightly warped. Not sure but I would think the pinion to spur mesh would be a little more smoother.
I thought it was just me!

Getting a nice mesh has been the devil's own job, like you Norse, it sounds & seems wrong when I do it, but it's ok when it's running.

I bought some new pinions in case they were a bit old, but maybe it is out of round spur gears, my old Durango 410 spurs were very hit and miss, until I swapped to RW gears, hopefully they'll do some for the Yok.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Myall
I thought it was just me!

Getting a nice mesh has been the devil's own job, like you Norse, it sounds & seems wrong when I do it, but it's ok when it's running.

I bought some new pinions in case they were a bit old, but maybe it is out of round spur gears, my old Durango 410 spurs were very hit and miss, until I swapped to RW gears, hopefully they'll do some for the Yok.
Thanks Jonny! I feel somewhat better. Not that I like hearing you have issues obtaining a nice mesh. I think I will order some jconcepts silent speed spur gears for AE, as they are a direct fit for the Yoke. Hope they help.

Again you are correct it's is the devils own job trying to obtain a nice mesh.

Thanks Brudda!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Anyone have any info on longer shock eyelets compatible with the YZ4 shock shafts? Also I have heard some using the Carbon Fiber Gull wing front shock tower with the flat front a arms. How much extra front droop is this combo providing.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have any info on longer shock eyelets compatible with the YZ4 shock shafts? Also I have heard some using the Carbon Fiber Gull wing front shock tower with the flat front a arms. How much extra front droop is this combo providing.

Thanks
SD-008RC is the part no. for the longer eyelets.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Piles
SD-008RC is the part no. for the longer eyelets.
Thanks Piles much appreciated. Do you know where I can find this part. I have tried Amain but am getting nothing. Is this a yokomo part?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Piles much appreciated. Do you know where I can find this part. I have tried Amain but am getting nothing. Is this a yokomo part?
It is a Yokomo part. Not sure where you'd get them in the U.S. but no UK shop has them. I'm waiting for some myself and the european distributor hasn't got them.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks
Quite a bit. It brings it in line with the rear. I am using one limiter front and none in the rear this way.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer
Quite a bit. It brings it in line with the rear. I am using one limiter front and none in the rear this way.
Nice! I am going to order a cf front gullwing shocktower to run with the front flat a arms. Until then I will put the kits composite front shock tower.
I have one limiter in the front shocks and will remove the 1 limiter in the rear shocks.

Have you had any issues obtaining a nice spur gear to pinion gear mesh? Think I will try a new spur as mine may be off. Not sure but going to try jconcepts silent speed spur gear for AE as the fit the Yok.

Thanks man.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice! I am going to order a cf front gullwing shocktower to run with the front flat a arms. Until then I will put the kits composite front shock tower.
I have one limiter in the front shocks and will remove the 1 limiter in the rear shocks.

Have you had any issues obtaining a nice spur gear to pinion gear mesh? Think I will try a new spur as mine may be off. Not sure but going to try jconcepts silent speed spur gear for AE as the fit the Yok.

Thanks man.
No spur gear issues, I am using Losi aluminum pinion gears with the 87 and 80t.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.