R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree71Likes

Old 12-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #451
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
So bummed i haven't been able to run mine yet, but this arm breakage info is very upsetting to me. Come to think of it on my Bmax I had the same arms on for a while and after a crash off a BIG jump I broke an arm I replaced it and proceeded to break 3 more of the same arm quite quickly? I did notice air bubbles in those broken arms???
Dont let the arm problem upset you, if you run on a track with small jumps and soft pipes you will not have a problem, all my front and rear breakages have come from a very large triple and im sure if i doubled and singled the triple the arms might not break but for me that defeats the purpose, if i wanted to double then single i would run stock.

Last edited by HSV427; 12-01-2015 at 06:53 PM.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #452
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
Im more concerned about the rear wishbones. I expect to break fronts when I get it wrong but I've broken 3 rears in as many meetings. The first was an obvious break after cartwheeling down a straight, but the other two were flawless landings after a small lift. And, yes there were bubbles. If the front wishbone issue is being looked into, I hope the rears will to.
Since i started running the BMAX4 3 rear arms i have not broken one, so if the rears are all you are breaking this will fix it.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #453
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone one have any suggestions regarding front and rear diff oil weights per low to medium bite hard packed dirt track conditions.

Thanks
Norse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #454
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Anyone one have any suggestions regarding front and rear diff oil weights per low to medium bite hard packed dirt track conditions.

Thanks
I run 8F 4R and it was perfect on a loose slippery low traction track.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #455

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Nice to hear! What weight oils did you all run in your front and rear diffs?
Was running 7f and 5r but I think it could do 10f for more on throttle steering out of corners.
BloodClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #456
Tech Master

Thanks fellas! Got another suggestion as well from another gent whom suggested oils very close to both of your suggestions. In all, basically being closely within the same realm.

Before these suggestions I popped in 5k front 3k rear which I think I will go ahead and run, thus if anything to break the diffs in. I am not the fastest wrencher in the world being on the other end of the spectrum. With that being said, I try to dial in a happy medium diff oil combo right off the bat as changing diff oil in this buggy is going to take me some time. Rather be running than wrenching

Any thoughts on the 5k front 3k rear diff oil combo as a starting point would be excellent. The buggy is built thus I am hesitant to take her apart to change the oils, however I will if any advice provided points to this combo being to light. (Track is very very hard packed dirt! dirt! and more dirt thus quite dusty and slick. Traction does pick up when moisture hits the track but for the most part a dust layer will always be in the forecast)

Thanks for the advice and any thoughts on the above as I really appreciate others input.

Best,

Norse

Last edited by Norse; 12-01-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

In general, on a 10th scale wheeler with gear diffs, I have always been told to start with 7k front 5k rear, especially cars with slippers in the middle, and its always been a good starting point. If and when my hop-ups show for my kit I got, I plan on running that.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

I'm running 5/3 on mine and it feels great. Plenty of steering and has great rotation. I'm running on a med bite turf track
Old 12-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #459
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
I'm running 5/3 on mine and it feels great. Plenty of steering and has great rotation. I'm running on a med bite turf track
Jealous of you north westerners and your turf tracks, but LRH has insane 100% clay grip, so turf/carpet setups generally work very well there.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #460
Tech Master

Thanks fellas much appreciated. I almost stayed at 5k front but ended up going to 7K front and left the rear at 3k. I be running her on low bite hard packed dirt. Can't wait!!!

All in all the advise which I greatly appreciate seems to be real close regarding lower bite and diff weights.

Have a great night and may you all enjoy a Happy Holiday season.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Jealous of you north westerners and your turf tracks, but LRH has insane 100% clay grip, so turf/carpet setups generally work very well there.
Ya the tracks are nice. 2 local tracks that use the same tire choice and 1) is wide open throttle and the other is short and technical. Both are fun tracks
Old 12-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #462
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Do you show up on Sundays? I do. 2 Kyoshos and 2 Schumachers. Usually pitting with Steve.
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #463
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You guys that picked up a YZ-4 from R&D Japan scored a deal. 18% is gone and replaced by 8% so now you're looking at $450 or so out the door.
OriginalDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #464
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

After a bit of a hold out Copeland caves and picks up a YZ-4. Look forward to hearing a comparison to the D413, ZX-6, and 22-4's that you've owned man. One of the only people I'm aware of who can speak from experience as you've owned each of them.

Quote:
In general, on a 10th scale wheeler with gear diffs, I have always been told to start with 7k front 5k rear, especially cars with slippers in the middle, and its always been a good starting point. If and when my hop-ups show for my kit I got, I plan on running that.
OriginalDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #465
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
After a bit of a hold out Copeland caves and picks up a YZ-4. Look forward to hearing a comparison to the D413, ZX-6, and 22-4's that you've owned man. One of the only people I'm aware of who can speak from experience as you've owned each of them.
And a pre-shorty XB4, Durango DEX410 V3, B44.3