Yokomo YZ-4

Old 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
mes
Tech Elite

All pics courtesy of eos.redrc.net:

Old 09-20-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Been watching the new yz4 hit the eos today and it looks really good. I like the design and fit/finish looks top shelf
Old 09-22-2015, 07:57 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I saw it, I touched it, I like it!
Feel free to check out Marc Rheinard and Panik Team Troisdorf on Facebook for some video footage of the YZ-4 on my home track.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@Mes,

Curious about your Offroad turf track.

Obviously the Turf is covering the track. are the jumps concrete? It would appear the layout changes, but how much of the track is permanent and how much is movable?

I know that the EOS track, obviously is transportable and that the jumps and obstacles are movable, but how does this work with your track and other similar tracks? As with most of the EOS series, they all seem to be set up temporarily.

I've always been curious with facilities like that and RHR (RobinHood Raceway) in the UK. It seems like these have a more dedicated outdoor turf track, though I can't imagine that its always the same layout, but what materials are used to construct these facilities and are certain features left permanent while building or constructing others?

MOmo
Old 09-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

...and now, according to Lee Martins web site, possibly two versions of the car will be available.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MOmo
@Mes,

Obviously the Turf is covering the track. are the jumps concrete? It would appear the layout changes, but how much of the track is permanent and how much is movable?

I know that the EOS track, obviously is transportable and that the jumps and obstacles are movable, but how does this work with your track and other similar tracks? As with most of the EOS series, they all seem to be set up temporarily.

I've always been curious with facilities like that and RHR (RobinHood Raceway) in the UK. It seems like these have a more dedicated outdoor turf track, though I can't imagine that its always the same layout, but what materials are used to construct these facilities and are certain features left permanent while building or constructing others?

MOmo
Typical euro carpet racing start with a flat concrete surface with mostly wooden jumps for relief. You can lay astro on that kind of surface too but for me the best astro tracks are the one like RHR or Kampenhout in Belgium where astro on an already bumpy dirt track. The turf will follow every rut, bump and elevation change. Well executed it turns out to be as offroad as a good dirt track and tricky to use relief in a smart way to be fast.

You have to cross some layouts, build permanent features then move some tubbing around to change the main layout, it works quite well and it's very easy to do but besides RHR the best tracks for me are the ones with a permanent layout with a change here and there to perfect the driving experience(or increase lap times as cars are getting faster every year).
Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Piles
...and now, according to Lee Martins web site, possibly two versions of the car will be available.
Very interesting!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:35 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MOmo
@Mes,

MOmo
Originally Posted by mojo tom
Typical euro carpet racing start with a flat concrete surface with mostly wooden jumps for relief. You can lay astro on that kind of surface too but for me the best astro tracks are the one like RHR or Kampenhout in Belgium where astro on an already bumpy dirt track. The turf will follow every rut, bump and elevation change. Well executed it turns out to be as offroad as a good dirt track and tricky to use relief in a smart way to be fast.

You have to cross some layouts, build permanent features then move some tubbing around to change the main layout, it works quite well and it's very easy to do but besides RHR the best tracks for me are the ones with a permanent layout with a change here and there to perfect the driving experience(or increase lap times as cars are getting faster every year).
In the upper part, we started on a dirt surface, added many tons of gravel to ensure drainage and made a flat Astro surface. Everything is one level except for the tree section, jumps are made of dirt to allow for redesigning in due time. Changes are possible, but not on a weekly or monthly basis.
The lower part covers our old bumpy on-road track, which again was covered with tons of gravel before it came to laying the Astroturf. Preparation takes some time, but keeps you from drowning.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

I have never had a yokomo before and was wondering what the durability is line and parts support if they always have stock or have alot of back ordered parts?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtle189
I have never had a yokomo before and was wondering what the durability is line and parts support if they always have stock or have alot of back ordered parts?
Amain has been doing a pretty good job keeping yok parts in stock
Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by turtle189
Yokomo cars are among the most durable out there. With my B-Max2, I needed three spare parts in as many years (two of which due to my stupidity), on my YZ-2 I only had to replace a broken ball cup after I jumped into the fence near our track at high speed.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
Yokomo cars are among the most durable out there. With my B-Max2, I needed three spare parts in as many years (two of which due to my stupidity), on my YZ-2 I only had to replace a broken ball cup after I jumped into the fence near our track at high speed.
Very interested in this kit. Wish I hadn't order my srx4 already maybe this should be my indoor carpet car.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here's a post from Aso Minoru on Facebook.

Preliminary announce of YZ-4

We are pleased to announce the new release of 1/10 scale, EP 4WD off road car, YZ-4.
Yokomo has been developing YZ-4 thru the racing field and achieved a perfect debut winning at EOS 1st round last week by Lee Martin.

YZ-4 has adapted the new type of drive-train which enable to reduce the weakness of conventional type of belt drive and shaft drive car,
this car kit comes with F&R Gear Mission and 2 belt driving-train.

The customer can enjoy very smooth and easy driving at the race by using YZ-4 which deliver the new era of 4WD off road buggy.

The first shipment will be early November or earlier.

The formal announcement which include the detailed pictures and product information will be in early October.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Im in, this will be my first 4 wheel drive buggy. Im from the old skool on road days back in the early 90s when yok came out with their first 4 wheel drive on road cars. Cant wait for this!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Belt drive? Did I read that right??

When almost every other high end buggy is shaft (except the Tamiya, which has been abandoned) that is cool to see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.