Like Tree92Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Reply

Old 10-16-2015, 04:24 AM
  #136  
Tech Adept
 
kempower2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 123
Default

Pricing in Europe is announced: http://www.mibosport.com/yokomo-yz-4-europe-edition
kempower2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 AM
  #137  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: socal
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
You can almost guarantee that if someone says anything other than 100% positive about xray there will be somebody to correct you..... smh


Thanks for putting words in my mouth
My apologies. My intention wasn't to attack you personally. It was more a generalization to those whose sole reason NOT to purchase a kit is because a company updates their kit every year. And no, I wasn't defending xray.

Sorry for getting off track....lets get back to talking about the Yoke!
littleZEN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:07 AM
  #138  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,231
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Any idea cost of factory version?
teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:23 PM
  #139  
Tech Initiate
 
Paultje040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 36
Default

there is no factory version at this time
Paultje040 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:11 PM
  #140  
Tech Apprentice
 
freakshow__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 90
Default

I know this has probably been asked but.....when is the YZ4 really supposed to be available? I see A-main has it on preorder.....I would prefer to get the YZ-4 rather than the new Xray, parts are just too expensive.

Also...I thought the Team version was supposed to be out the same time as the regular...is it really gonna be worth waiting for it? I don't see it available for preorder?
freakshow__ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:07 PM
  #141  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
I know this has probably been asked but.....when is the YZ4 really supposed to be available? I see A-main has it on preorder.....I would prefer to get the YZ-4 rather than the new Xray, parts are just too expensive.

Also...I thought the Team version was supposed to be out the same time as the regular...is it really gonna be worth waiting for it? I don't see it available for preorder?
In the UK, they're saying we'll get it mid November.

As for a Team kit, they now say there isn't one yet, but we can get the "Euro" edition, where the Europeon distributor is giving you front & rear carbon shock towers & a front & rear anti roll bar kit chucked in.
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:09 PM
  #142  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
Default

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
In the UK, they're saying we'll get it mid November.

As for a Team kit, they now say there isn't one yet, but we can get the "Euro" edition, where the Europeon distributor is giving you front & rear carbon shock towers & a front & rear anti roll bar kit chucked in.
Should include Aluminum hangers also.
turtle189 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:11 PM
  #143  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Should include Aluminum hangers also.
Should do, I agree. but it wont. They should keep the plastic shock towers,(its not done the ZX6 any harm) and supply the alu hangers. I'll be keeping my money until I see this I think.
Piles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:12 PM
  #144  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Should include Aluminum hangers also.
I agree, it's the one sticking point I have on if I go for one, or the new XRAY.
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 AM
  #145  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 326
Default

Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Should include Aluminum hangers also.
But doesn't. However, keep an eye out on a factory edition in a couple of months. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Yokomo releases a factory edition around April/May.
dennisV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 AM
  #146  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
I agree, it's the one sticking point I have on if I go for one, or the new XRAY.
The Schumacher K2 will be worth a look, this is going to be a fantastic car!
Cmgreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:37 AM
  #147  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by Cmgreen View Post
The Schumacher K2 will be worth a look, this is going to be a fantastic car!
Not likely, I don't want a car made from recycled chesse

Or one that be "the best car we've ever made, but if you want it as we tested & run it, you'll need this bit & this bit......"
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:43 AM
  #148  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
Not likely, I don't want a car made from recycled chesse

Or one that be "the best car we've ever made, but if you want it as we tested & run it, you'll need this bit & this bit......"
Dunno about that ...... but I would rather have a car that you can buy what the team are using not just the car out of the box

What you find is Schumacher constantly test, try different parts, if they work they will sell it, unlike other manufacturers where the tested parts are kept for team drivers only!
Cmgreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 AM
  #149  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by Cmgreen View Post
Dunno about that ...... but I would rather have a car that you can buy what the team are using not just the car out of the box

What you find is Schumacher constantly test, try different parts, if they work they will sell it, unlike other manufacturers where the tested parts are kept for team drivers only!
What you find is Schumacher constantly fix the spec of a car long before they've finished testing it, then release a kit that is nothing like the car the team is using & that little gem came from someone who was one of the test drivers there for a long time

Take the SX when it first came out, they tested it for 18 months, fixed the spec 6 months into that period, so as soon as you got the kit, you needed to buy a load of bits to make it current spec.

Then the K1, "we've got an alloy chassis for this reason & this one", what happened? a month later, the team isn't using an alloy chassis at all & 2 optional chassis appeared.

Then there is the quality issues, I had a CAT3000, went through 5 sets of rear hub carriers just to find two that had the same toe-in, none of the others matched.
John Myall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:57 AM
  #150  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
What you find is Schumacher constantly fix the spec of a car long before they've finished testing it, then release a kit that is nothing like the car the team is using & that little gem came from someone who was one of the test drivers there for a long time

Take the SX when it first came out, they tested it for 18 months, fixed the spec 6 months into that period, so as soon as you got the kit, you needed to buy a load of bits to make it current spec.

Then the K1, "we've got an alloy chassis for this reason & this one", what happened? a month later, the team isn't using an alloy chassis at all & 2 optional chassis appeared.

Then there is the quality issues, I had a CAT3000, went through 5 sets of rear hub carriers just to find two that had the same toe-in, none of the others matched.
The SX was along time ago along with the Cat 3000, and I agree with that! But now its totally different.

Different story now tho. You wont be able to buy Lees parts, or Craggs, but with Schumacher they test a part and give people the option to buy it, I would rather have a manufacturer working for the Racer rather than the Team Driver.

Imagine going to a race with the standard car, then a team driver turning up with a different chassis, and the car handles much better, I would be gutted if I couldn't buy that part, these cars are just like prototypes always evolving, but with Schumacher you can buy the newest parts!

Honestly tho, give it a shot, the car is being worked on massively to get it good out the box, the hop ups should be for strength.
Cmgreen is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service