Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FYI guys,

I have started to compile a YZ-2 wiki on the opening thread post. If you have anything to add or suggestions please feel free to PM me and I will get it up ASAP.

Last edited by Racing4Evo; 03-01-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
FYI guys,

I have started to compile a YZ-2 wiki on the opening thread post. If you have anything to add or suggestions please feel free to email me and I will get it up ASAP.
Good job on the update!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

More information and parts added to front page...
Old 03-02-2015, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have found one other body for the buggy. Anyone familiar with this company?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yokomo-Yz2-Y...item3f47412191

Old 03-02-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish

Yes, Search for Pengiun Bodies on Ebay. I know Steve very well and more or less exclusively use his bodies. They are very good quality but often don't have definite cut lines so offer them up before painting.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Whats to upgrade?
Turnbuckles
Shock Pistons
Rear Hubs

Mind you, a kit of this price should COME with those upgrades out of the box, but IMO those 3 things are upgrades that are almost required.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
Turnbuckles
Shock Pistons
Rear Hubs

Mind you, a kit of this price should COME with those upgrades out of the box, but IMO those 3 things are upgrades that are almost required.
Honestly with the weight of the car as it is, you don't need titanium turnbuckles.

Shock pistons have always been a tuning aid not an upgrade. the car come with 2x1.5, 2x1.6, 2x1.7 with the kit build of 1.6 front and 1.7 rear.

Rear hubs are a tuning aid as well. The flex characteristics change when you run aluminum or plastic. Ask any of the associated guys.

The price you pay for on this kit is still cheaper than Kyosho, Schumacher, Xray and TLR without the hop ups you get with this kit. Now if you consider the Durango or Associated, look at what you need to buy just to equal this kit. Do they work out of the box, yes. But factor in the parts and quality you need to get them up to racing level, you're nearly at the price of the YZ2.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
FYI guys,

I have started to compile a YZ-2 wiki on the opening thread post. If you have anything to add or suggestions please feel free to PM me and I will get it up ASAP.
I can generate a cross compatible table (w/ B-Max4 included as well) asap. I'm working on it the last days. Will provide you with a link soon.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WillS
Honestly with the weight of the car as it is, you don't need titanium turnbuckles.

Shock pistons have always been a tuning aid not an upgrade. the car come with 2x1.5, 2x1.6, 2x1.7 with the kit build of 1.6 front and 1.7 rear.

Rear hubs are a tuning aid as well. The flex characteristics change when you run aluminum or plastic. Ask any of the associated guys.

The price you pay for on this kit is still cheaper than Kyosho, Schumacher, Xray and TLR without the hop ups you get with this kit. Now if you consider the Durango or Associated, look at what you need to buy just to equal this kit. Do they work out of the box, yes. But factor in the parts and quality you need to get them up to racing level, you're nearly at the price of the YZ2.
+1
IMHO the YZ-2 is a really good package despite its comparably high USD price, and I even was willing to pay the 379.- euros it costs here in Germany. The only reason why I decided for a B5M plus the soon to be released Redworkshop low rider conversion was that I was sick of having to figure everything out myself when I used to run the B-Max2 and also the VBC Racing Firebolt. The only other guy in our club racing a Yokomo always relied on my set-up skills, which are hit or miss...
Once I have the AE car at a point which is almost comparable to the Yokomo (parts quality never will be...), I'll easily have ended up spending the same if not more. To be honest, I'd probably not need all of the stuff I'll most likely buy, but there are so many nice bits available. My third body to be painted is already on its way before I've even run the car, and the boring kit body is still lying in a corner somewhere...
Old 03-02-2015, 07:52 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish

Yes, had one of their bodies on my B-Max2MR. Good quality at a decent price!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mes
+1
The only reason why I decided for a B5M plus the soon to be released Redworkshop low rider conversion was that I was sick of having to figure everything out myself when I used to run the B-Max2 and also the VBC Racing Firebolt.
The thing about setup is... it carries over from car to car. A key factor to helping advance your setup is to have someone watch your car and give you good feedback as to what it looks like its doing. EVERY racing organization can not really be ran by 1 person. Crew chiefs can't make adjustments without the drivers input. Now if it is bad input, you might as well shoot your foot and try and run a marathon. There has to be someone to bounce information off of to make sure your going the right path. Practice helps out on this. I will spend 12 hours a week practicing to learn what my car is and isn't doing. I normally drag out a few friends and make it a great day of trash talking and laughs. The key thing is to be open about criticism. Sometimes we can think our car is working great when it actually is off pace by a lot.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:10 AM
mes
Tech Elite

The thing about setup is... it carries over from car to car. A key factor to helping advance your setup is to have someone watch your car and give you good feedback as to what it looks like its doing. EVERY racing organization can not really be ran by 1 person. Crew chiefs can't make adjustments without the drivers input. Now if it is bad input, you might as well shoot your foot and try and run a marathon. There has to be someone to bounce information off of to make sure your going the right path. Practice helps out on this. I will spend 12 hours a week practicing to learn what my car is and isn't doing. I normally drag out a few friends and make it a great day of trash talking and laughs. The key thing is to be open about criticism. Sometimes we can think our car is working great when it actually is off pace by a lot.
Agreed, practice will help a lot. Unfortunately the last few years I've considered myself lucky if I got to practice 12 hours in two or three months. This year I plan to race at least once per week as soon as the season really kicks off in May. With the AE, I am in the position to have a decent basic set-up and pit advice for each of the tracks I'll be heading to. Having a former national champion in your club who happens to run the same car will not hurt...
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mes
Agreed, practice will help a lot. Unfortunately the last few years I've considered myself lucky if I got to practice 12 hours in two or three months. This year I plan to race at least once per week as soon as the season really kicks off in May. With the AE, I am in the position to have a decent basic set-up and pit advice for each of the tracks I'll be heading to. Having a former national champion in your club who happens to run the same car will not hurt...
Honestly, from the b5m - bmax2 v3 - yz2... I use the same shock package and nearly identical camber link settings.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Alloy rear hubs for Low grip ?

I didn't think back when the car was presented that it will be that fast and easy to drive, really happy with the car and for once no need for anything besides springs and maybe turmbuckles. Bought a lot of 2wd and I always had to buy things before running it.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Looking for little more traction coming out of the turn. Currently running 1.6 F/R will going to 1.7 rear help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.