Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arn0
Values given by Yokomo on the chart are measured, not calculated.
As for unit, check this page (Buggy Big Bore Spring Chart - PDF / XLS), conversion is done.
Thanks for your work on this kind of stuff Arn0. Is the big bore spring chart measured or calculated or both?
Old 01-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Saw a kit yesterday - wow, the attention to detail is absolutely amazing. Actually have the lexan body sitting here on the table as I'm going to mail it off for a friend tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Take note, you can't run a full droop setup in the rear running the 60.5mm axles on the YZ-2 or you will pop axles out of the out drive.

I run full droop as much as possible and have switched to BMax2 axles, which are about 3mm longer
Old 01-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
Take note, you can't run a full droop setup in the rear running the 60.5mm axles on the YZ-2 or you will pop axles out of the out drive.

I run full droop as much as possible and have switched to BMax2 axles, which are about 3mm longer
I noticed same thing as i posted back a couple pages most you can get is 27mm from the bottom of the shock body to the shock Eyelet, I ran 26.5 but knowing there is a option to a longer setup I may go that route, But 3mm might be to much does the shaft not bottom out on full in travel?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Could you share your set up?
Kit set up with the following changes:
FRONT
middle hole on tower
1.6 yokomo piston
32.5wt oil
White Kyosho spring
camber (-1)

Rear
middle hole on tower
1.6 yokomo piston
30wt oil
white Kyosho spring
camber (-2)

Will be trying the car on medium bite track track next time out.

Comments all day on the corner speed of the car. Driver didn't get it done but the car was there. Rear traction wasn't a problem. I'd like a little more forward bite out of the car but never played with the set up much. AE springs and Kyosho spring were what I tested with today.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
I noticed same thing as i posted back a couple pages most you can get is 27mm from the bottom of the shock body to the shock Eyelet, I ran 26.5 but knowing there is a option to a longer setup I may go that route, But 3mm might be to much does the shaft not bottom out on full in travel?
Take consideration of droop is changed with position of the different shock mounting. Good question about up travel with the longer axle bottoming out befor the chassi. Take consideration.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Well after a long day of racing, I managed to get some wheel time with my YZ-2. Car felt really good. Was on a top 5 a main run until I got taken out by lapped traffic. Cost me the A but that is part of racing. Ran the B finished 6th after some bobbles was as high as 2nd but that did not last long. Honestly this car felt great and I did not get time to compare to my B-max2 setup.

Things I figured out:
  • Schelle b5 caster spacers fit snug but take out slop that the stock ones have. This provided a more positive and consistent feel. It will be a tight fit, but it will break in.
  • For Clay- Heavier front fluid and springs allow for a smoother transition.
  • Pay attention to the ball diff- make sure to bark test it every round. Also make sure your diff is smooth, if not and your not running a caged bearing buy a tungsten avid set.
  • Buy a b5m foam set, this will allow for more battery adjustments.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Not sure if this was covered in the thread already but has anyone fitted a direct spur mount to this car yet? I run stock on a carpet track and I think that would be the ticket if someone makes one that will fit.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Are the shock bodies aluminum like what's on the Kyosho RB6? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Do you guys build shocks with zero rebound?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LoudOne
Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Are the shock bodies aluminum like what's on the Kyosho RB6? Thanks!
No 2 companies shock bodies are the same due to trade rights. These shocks are extremely smooth and have yet to leak or build air on me.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LoudOne
Hey all,

Yes they are aluminum. The shocks are very nice .
Originally Posted by jmoneym
Do you guys build shocks with zero rebound?
I do, I've built shocks with rebound before and didn't notice a difference, but the track I run on is pretty smooth and from what I've read rebound is for bumpy tracks to help keep the tire in contact with the ground.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
No problems with the longer axles bottoming out in the outdrives. No bind anywhere actually.

The diff itself and outdrives are the same as the B-Max2, arms are the same length, and the hubs / bearings are in the same spot.

With no limiters in the rear shocks, with the top of the shock mounted in the middle hole on the tower and the inner hole on the arm (shocks mounted on the front of the arm / tower) and it would pop-out. Using the inside hole on the tower may have eliminated it, but I want to be able to mount the shocks in every position and not worry about it. Heck, on the B-Max I had run as much as 2 turns out on the shock ends with no issues.

Good news is that you can get just the dogbone for about $7ea and not have to ditch the entire axle setup.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by anthonyjesmond
Not sure if this was covered in the thread already but has anyone fitted a direct spur mount to this car yet? I run stock on a carpet track and I think that would be the ticket if someone makes one that will fit.
I think Serpent has a direct drive setup for their car, and several of the locals here running B5s are running the serpent top gear in their mid trans, and I think the Yokomo top shaft and AE top shaft are the same.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
No problems with the longer axles bottoming out in the outdrives. No bind anywhere actually.

The diff itself and outdrives are the same as the B-Max2, arms are the same length, and the hubs / bearings are in the same spot.

With no limiters in the rear shocks, with the top of the shock mounted in the middle hole on the tower and the inner hole on the arm (shocks mounted on the front of the arm / tower) and it would pop-out. Using the inside hole on the tower may have eliminated it, but I want to be able to mount the shocks in every position and not worry about it. Heck, on the B-Max I had run as much as 2 turns out on the shock ends with no issues.

Good news is that you can get just the dogbone for about $7ea and not have to ditch the entire axle setup.
The Arms and bearing position are not the same. The arms are shorter by a few millimeters. This was last checked with a pair of calipers and hinge pins installed inner and outer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.