Like Tree279Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

    Hide Wikipost
Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Cain
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
  #796  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
kbish76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LV NV
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Finally had some time to open the yok box and look over the bags. First impressions are WOW this kit has some nice parts! The only issues I see are the steel turnbuckles, and getting parts in-stock. Looking over all the set-up sheets from similar tracks as mine, I think I'm going with STLNLST. Seems to be the most neutral of all and liked the reference to the springs. Only trouble as stated before is the ball diff. I didn't order fast enough and now no one has outdrives.
kbish76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM
  #797  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Why are steel turnbuckles an issue ? I've been running mine with them and have had no issues, I also run my b-max2 and b-max4 with them and have never even bent one .
303slowdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 PM
  #798  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Panic09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Why are steel turnbuckles an issue ? I've been running mine with them and have had no issues, I also run my b-max2 and b-max4 with them and have never even bent one .
+1
Panic09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:30 PM
  #799  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (26)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,170
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

The titanium turnbuckles use to be a must have for me. I haven't put them on my Bmax4 or YZ just to see how they hold up. Having the original saddle chassis wheeler converted to the shorty I'd say they held up well.
STLNLST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:34 AM
  #800  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 326
Default

There's no issue with the steel turnbuckles. Only go Ti if you like them. They won't make you faster.
dennisV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 AM
  #801  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (325)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,709
Trader Rating: 325 (100%+)
Default Weight FYI

Yokomo brass RF and RR are 18g over stock
New rear aluminum hubs are 1g over stock.
jmoneym is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 PM
  #802  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
kbish76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LV NV
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dennisV View Post
There's no issue with the steel turnbuckles. Only go Ti if you like them. They won't make you faster.
I'm just thinking about "gotta finish to win". And with parts availability an issue. I would think the ti would be a sensible upgrade. But Im going to try them out and see what happens. Also what diff fluid for a clay/dirt damp to dry med size track would be good 5000 7000?
kbish76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:03 PM
  #803  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (26)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,170
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kbish76 View Post
I'm just thinking about "gotta finish to win". And with parts availability an issue. I would think the ti would be a sensible upgrade. But Im going to try them out and see what happens. Also what diff fluid for a clay/dirt damp to dry med size track would be good 5000 7000?
3000 is what I'd use. Finish to win....you plan on hitting an SC truck....lol. the steel will finish the race while you wait on the ti turnbuckles.
STLNLST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:37 PM
  #804  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

When I tested diff fluid I was happy with 5K on med to high bite clay
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:45 AM
  #805  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

RC Rocket have a few brass parts in stock. check out his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rocket.rc.p...if_t=notify_me
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 AM
  #806  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,398
Default

Originally Posted by kbish76 View Post
Finally had some time to open the yok box and look over the bags. First impressions are WOW this kit has some nice parts! The only issues I see are the steel turnbuckles, and getting parts in-stock. Looking over all the set-up sheets from similar tracks as mine, I think I'm going with STLNLST. Seems to be the most neutral of all and liked the reference to the springs. Only trouble as stated before is the ball diff. I didn't order fast enough and now no one has outdrives.
You could try to get a VBC Firebolt diff or just the outdrives with rings. Except for the diff rings, dimensions are identical.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 AM
  #807  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
You could try to get a VBC Firebolt diff or just the outdrives with rings. Except for the diff rings, dimensions are identical.
I hear the AE diff is plug and play... if you look at the outdrives for both AE and Yok, they look identical.

-Tavares
teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:25 PM
  #808  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
FLHX1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyoming, MN
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kbish76 View Post
I see that B-Fast has the diff and thrust balls for B-maxIII 4, B-max2,B-max4. Has anyone tried them out on yz-2?
I can verify that BFast PN# P02-C works with the option diff kit for the YZ (I have one in my car)
FLHX1550 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 PM
  #809  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
FLHX1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyoming, MN
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kbish76 View Post
I'm just thinking about "gotta finish to win". And with parts availability an issue. I would think the ti would be a sensible upgrade. But Im going to try them out and see what happens. Also what diff fluid for a clay/dirt damp to dry med size track would be good 5000 7000?
FYI - Lunsford PN#2059 for the Losi 22 has the same size (3mm x 52mm) turnbuckles as the YZ
FLHX1550 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:41 PM
  #810  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
FLHX1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyoming, MN
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Why are steel turnbuckles an issue ? I've been running mine with them and have had no issues, I also run my b-max2 and b-max4 with them and have never even bent one .
Because a top of the line $350 car should come with Ti turnbuckles.
FLHX1550 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service