Like Tree286Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mes
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

Print Wikipost

Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

for those of you who run outside on a lower grip track, this is the mod that Lee Martin used in Reims at the Euros in 2018

More pics as well as part list and details here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yoko...4996070624736/

Cain and GiMLit like this.

Last edited by Bob Barry; 04-17-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
For what you have listed, I am assuming you are referring to the truck front shock on the rear mod. Did you feel other than the lower shock towers and the yz2t shocks on the rear were required to do the mod as far as the lower shock towers go?
Since I had to order the yz2T front shock and the new LCG trans from overseas, I ran a club race with the new lower shock towers only. Buggie was not much better just a little on certain parts of the track like the whoops. When I got all the parts in, the car came alive. so much faster in the turns. I ran personal best lap times and qualified directly into the A main. I could not be more than happy with this new setup.
Cain likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
for those of you who run outside on a lower grip track, this is the mod that Lee Martin used in Reims at the Euros in 2018

More pics as well as part list and details here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yoko...4996070624736/

I will ask in the Facebook group as well but for those that do not use Facebook. Do you have the set up that was used with this??? I am hoping to start the outdoor season next weekend using this idea and having a set up would be awesome.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2019, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 247 (99%+)

Lee Martin Setup
GiMLit likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone have front truck shock bodies in stock? Canít find them anywhere, even overseas.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bwarn97 View Post
Does anyone have front truck shock bodies in stock? Canít find them anywhere, even overseas.
Tonisport did earlier this afternoon.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mononga View Post
So I pulled the trigger and ordered all these parts to do this conversion. I have been disappointed lately with the way my car has been handling at the track. I strictly race on High grip Astro Turf. I have noticed some good feedback from this conversion. Last night at a club race I had the opportunity to try this conversion out. I didn't know what to expect just that I hoped it would make the car a little better. I just haft to say that I am extremely happy with this conversion. It totally changed the handling for the better. I set personal best times and was able to hang with the fast guys at the track. More corner speed and handles so much better. I couldn't have been more happier. I cant wait for next race day.

For all current YZ-2 Series vehicles, these parts are needed to do the conversion:
Z2- 302TLC-LC Transmission Case
Z2-302CT-Gear Box Cap / Diff Height Adapter for YZ-2T
Z2-304T-Aluminum Motor mount for YZ-2T
Z2-300RFT-Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount (Front) for YZ-2T
-2mm front and rear shock towers.
Front shocks from YZ2T used in the rear.
YZ2T battery conversion

Z2-118T-Battery holder / Radio Tray for YZ-2T
Cl
hey just like to clarify the 2mm lower shock towers. Which are these from?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BD1541 View Post
Cl
hey just like to clarify the 2mm lower shock towers. Which are these from?
Do you mean where are these from? If so, There is a guy overseas selling these. I got in a few sets to try out. Same guy doing the yz4sf heavy duty a-arms.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Do you mean where are these from? If so, There is a guy overseas selling these. I got in a few sets to try out. Same guy doing the yz4sf heavy duty a-arms.
I order from a person overseas from facebook. Lookup Bastien Garcia in the Yokomo YZ-2 & YZ-4 group. I got a set of towers from https://factoryfoote.com/
as well.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
It's that there are some tracks I have been to that a gear cover is really needed. I have found running without one is really hard on gears.
With the way Naoto and Lee run V3 on carpet and astroturf, this car may just put them further ahead of the field. Will this car mean Yokomo domination at the worlds??? Only time will tell...
Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RAILITY View Post
With the way Naoto and Lee run V3 on carpet and astroturf, this car may just put them further ahead of the field. Will this car mean Yokomo domination at the worlds??? Only time will tell...
It's that there are some tracks I have been to that a gear cover is really needed. I have found running without one is really hard on gears.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone tell me when a 25 degree front arm mount is needed. We run foam tires on Black crc carpet, I tried using 25 degree alum mount to try and lose some of the turn in, but steering is still way too aggressive. Running 17.5. I have the stiffest front sway bar and hardest associated front spring and it still lays over on outside front tire so hard, the inside rear comes off the ground.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also maybe some ideas on how I can free up the front end would be great. I just have way too much steering. Gone Bananas foams are the tire they run and rubber are a good half plus slower per lap. Many have good drivers have tried to get rubber up to speed and all have failed at this track.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer View Post
Also maybe some ideas on how I can free up the front end would be great. I just have way too much steering. Gone Bananas foams are the tire they run and rubber are a good half plus slower per lap. Many have good drivers have tried to get rubber up to speed and all have failed at this track.
I run the 25 degree bulkhead and then adjust the caster block inserts. I don't have any experience with foam tires. I would go thicker oil and softer springs to calm the front end down. Also add weight strips under the servo instead of running the heavy steel bulkhead. Your stiff springs and swaybar setup is probably acting like a pogo stick under hard cornering
Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rhett McNair View Post
I run the 25 degree bulkhead and then adjust the caster block inserts. I don't have any experience with foam tires. I would go thicker oil and softer springs to calm the front end down. Also add weight strips under the servo instead of running the heavy steel bulkhead. Your stiff springs and swaybar setup is probably acting like a pogo stick under hard cornering
The reason I am running the stiff front set up is due to the fact that the buggy would immediately spin out with even minimal steering input with softer springs and sway bars. I have tried stiffer oil as well, but then it jumps horribly. Guess I will keep trying. Thanks