Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Was it the white one? If so it looked like it was dumping over (rolling too much) in a few of the turns.

You got sways on it? Can you go harder on them? Looks like you have plenty of grip.

Maybe a harder spring. I like the RP Purple/Black combo. No dump over with that setup.

Or maybe try increasing camber gain a bit in the end that is dumping over more. That’ll keep the tire on the tread better instead of rolling into the sidewall and possibly grip rolling.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Was it the white one? If so it looked like it was dumping over (rolling too much) in a few of the turns.

You got sways on it? Can you go harder on them? Looks like you have plenty of grip.

Maybe a harder spring. I like the RP Purple/Black combo. No dump over with that setup.

Or maybe try increasing camber gain a bit in the end that is dumping over more. That’ll keep the tire on the tread better instead of rolling into the sidewall and possibly grip rolling.
yup white one with some black on it, skinny front wheels.

No sway bars, the track is bumpy so last time I used some on my B6 I didn't like it so figured see what i can do with the yz2. The springs themselves those I felt they felt pretty good, so I will see about giving them another go (I had the previous carpet springs on , the greens if I recall correctly and like these better)

I'll give the camber changes a look and see and compare to some other setups.

I will also go to a true slick front as the tires I think are starting to go. that part should be more consistent too.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'd try swaybars on it starting with some lighter ones, and work your way up until you notice it decreases performance. They will really help keep it from dumping over along with camber gain and roll centers.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

thanks, I got an order to make at amain so will see what is what.

All in all though I think once I get that sorted it should work quite well.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Cain,

Do You reduce the Steering Exponential on Your Radio?

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Cain
yup white one with some black on it, skinny front wheels.

No sway bars, the track is bumpy so last time I used some on my B6 I didn't like it so figured see what i can do with the yz2. The springs themselves those I felt they felt pretty good, so I will see about giving them another go (I had the previous carpet springs on , the greens if I recall correctly and like these better)

I'll give the camber changes a look and see and compare to some other setups.

I will also go to a true slick front as the tires I think are starting to go. that part should be more consistent too.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello Cain,

Do You reduce the Steering Exponential on Your Radio?

Cheers..
yes I pretty much do that on all my vehicles. Set to about -20% Futaba Radio, makes it easier to drive for me so not so twitchy on the initial steer. I am also still using the 17mm position on the steering horn.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Carpet setup

Hi,

I am new to the forum.
This is our racetrack near Vienna, Eos carpet, tricky layout, even Mayfield, Martin, Reinhard did some test laps here.
Hupo Hönigl and Martin Wollanka can often be seen here.
After trying some yomoko, yatabe and new RP springs my hot ticket are Xray 3dot front and 2dot rear springs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gL47Bd5YHUc

still not allowed to link the video, search for yokomo leopoldsdorf
Old 01-09-2018, 10:31 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Cain - I have a 4px. I've been using the steering curve to take away initial at about -20 percent too but that wasnt enough. Do you take away steering throw by taking percentages off the EPA individually on the left side and right side (overall throw)? How are you doing this with a futaba? Looking for more forgiveness around center (haven't tried the 17mm hole yet). thx

yes I pretty much do that on all my vehicles. Set to about -20% Futaba Radio, makes it easier to drive for me so not so twitchy on the initial steer. I am also still using the 17mm position on the steering horn.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

to calm the steering down, try either Mayfields steering rack mod or when using the carpet ackermann plates try the DTM ones instead.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JAE
Cain - I have a 4px. I've been using the steering curve to take away initial at about -20 percent too but that wasnt enough. Do you take away steering throw by taking percentages off the EPA individually on the left side and right side (overall throw)? How are you doing this with a futaba? Looking for more forgiveness around center (haven't tried the 17mm hole yet). thx
To me at least when I had it on dirt, going 17mm versus 20mm took a lot of the twitchiness away.

I am using a futaba 3PV. I have full throw but that is because I am using the 17mm horn. I would say i fyou wan to limit overall throw you want to turn down your Dual rate which affects the percentage of overall steering equally versus EPA which is more specific for each side.

But i would highly suggest giving the 17mm horn a try.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Cain,

In my observation from Your video, it looks like that the reaction of the steering already too slow. But the front end bite looks to be still too much, even traction rolling. So, the reaction is slow but grabby, that is why makes the car looks to be intermittent during cornering process..

smrcboy suggestion of modifying the steering rack as to Mayfield's might help particularly on carpet surface.

Cheers..

Cain likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Tech Legend

anyone got some recent opinions on a yz2 based stadium truck with one of the conversions that are out there?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:05 PM
mes
Tech Elite

anyone got some recent opinions on a yz2 based stadium truck with one of the conversions that are out there?
As much as I love Yokomo, I would not tinker around with such a conversion kit. Last year I decided to give the XT2 a try instead and sold it soon afterwards - Yokomo fanboy and Xray just does not work! I like my TLR 22T 4.0, though. Shocks in front of the rear tower and one-piece chassis made it for me. Can't wait to drive it again next week!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 2 gear diff

Guys. I tried two gear diff tonight on carpet but it just lost drive/sounded awful with any serious throttle. Are you to just remove one pair of gears cones and their rod leaving the other pair and rod as I did or am I missing something? Thanks. Phil
Old 01-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pistons?

What pistons is everyone using? Have the kit ones been upgraded?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.