Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BK24
Piggyback question: What aluminum/alloy parts come on the CA that do NOT come on the DTM? I know the front camber block. Maybe the steering rack? What else?

Thanks everyone.
The DTM comes with none of the alloy parts that the CA comes with. In my opinion the steering rack is a must. CA comes with aluminum rack, bulkhead and front camber block, DTM includes plastics of these.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
The DTM comes with none of the alloy parts that the CA comes with. In my opinion the steering rack is a must. CA comes with aluminum rack, bulkhead and front camber block, DTM includes plastics of these.
Good to know. What alloy parts come on the CA? I'm trying to decide if it's more economical to buy a CA and upgrade to some/all of the DTM parts, or vice versa. I generally buy quite a few alloy parts for my cars anyway - for both durability and bling, so while a DTM might be the choice on the surface, it may not be if the CA already comes with a bunch of alloy stuff I'd just end up buying anyway (for a DTM.)

I did find the list that draboyd19 posted for CA --> DTM, which is helpful.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

I posted what comes on the CA. You would have to do the math yourself depending on what options you want to decide which one is better for you.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I posted what comes on the CA. You would have to do the math yourself depending on what options you want to decide which one is better for you.
Perfect. Thanks Matt. I must have glossed over that list on first read.

(I also see petit has some super helpful charts and stuff about all the different parts. Nice!)
Old 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

No problem. I will say that the DTM has been great the little bit I've tried it on astro.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

(I also see petit has some super helpful charts and stuff about all the different parts. Nice!)
BK24 - Randy and Matt are both top notch guys/drivers so thier input is spot on. You really can't go wrong with either vehicle for your situation, you just have to determine what's more important to you right away and go from there. You are pretty much going to be out the same money to get one of the other to your specifications (alloy fan, etc.).

If it were me, I'd grab a DTM hands down as it just has so much more tuning capabilities out of the box than the CA with the new wider front c-hubs, and the tuneable rear hubs (the rear hubs are super sweet), and the steering plates have two positions to adjust the feel of your steering (not to mentioned the new style ball cups and rear brace).

If you get a DTM, and want to put all the alloy on it that the CA offers, you'd need the following:

* Bell cranks (don't forget the bearings for the bell cranks to ackerman plate connection)
* Ackerman Plate
* Bulkhead
* Camber Block
* The DTM comes with aluminum camber block on the rear hubs, but you can upgrade the rear camber mount to aluminum as well if you want (again, just a preference but thought I'd mention it since you said you like bling)

If you get a CA, and want to do be a "DTM", you'd need the following:

*front c-hubs
*rear hubs with inserts
*DTM crush bearings for rear hub
* alloy rear hub camber blocks
* rear brace and camber mount housing (comes with plastic camber mount)
* set of 66.5mm CVD's
* set of DTM axles
* alloy rear camber mount (if that is your choice)
* DT/DTM carbon steering plates

Note, they do make a set of aluminum two piece rear hubs that are basically the DTM style, they just don't have the insert for 7-8 total locations, vs just the two holes on the aluminum ones, but for $70 you get the hubs, axles, cvds, rear hub camber blocks, and you use the same axle crush bearings found on your CA. So if you go that route, you'd just have to grab the other parts listed above.

Again, just giving you options to consider sir. If you get one, welcome to the Yokomo community - a lot of great folks to help you if you need it.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Randy, Matt, & draboyd19. You guys are an asset to the community. Thanks for being kind enough to answer my questions. I'm sure they won't be the last...
Matt Trimmings and draboyd19 like this.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Randy, Matt, & draboyd19. You guys are an asset to the community. Thanks for being kind enough to answer my questions. I'm sure they won't be the last...
Kind words - we all just want to see the brand grow and help those along the way be faster with them. Ask any questions, and we'll try and chime in as we can.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know anything about all the gold hardware (turnbuckles, screws, etc...) on Lee Martin's EOS-Wels car? Who makes those screws with the cone-shaped top on them?
I don't usually like gold, but his car looks really tough.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a wet astro set up for my dtm/dt YZ2.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by draboyd19
BK24 - Randy and Matt are both top notch guys/drivers so thier input is spot on. You really can't go wrong with either vehicle for your situation, you just have to determine what's more important to you right away and go from there. You are pretty much going to be out the same money to get one of the other to your specifications (alloy fan, etc.).

If it were me, I'd grab a DTM hands down as it just has so much more tuning capabilities out of the box than the CA with the new wider front c-hubs, and the tuneable rear hubs (the rear hubs are super sweet), and the steering plates have two positions to adjust the feel of your steering (not to mentioned the new style ball cups and rear brace).

If you get a DTM, and want to put all the alloy on it that the CA offers, you'd need the following:

* Bell cranks (don't forget the bearings for the bell cranks to ackerman plate connection)
* Ackerman Plate
* Bulkhead
* Camber Block
* The DTM comes with aluminum camber block on the rear hubs, but you can upgrade the rear camber mount to aluminum as well if you want (again, just a preference but thought I'd mention it since you said you like bling)

If you get a CA, and want to do be a "DTM", you'd need the following:

*front c-hubs
*rear hubs with inserts
*DTM crush bearings for rear hub
* alloy rear hub camber blocks
* rear brace and camber mount housing (comes with plastic camber mount)
* set of 66.5mm CVD's
* set of DTM axles
* alloy rear camber mount (if that is your choice)
* DT/DTM carbon steering plates
One more addition to the list of differences that I am aware of - the CA and DTM come with different rear arms - the CA has Z4-008RS4 rear ones that replicate the wider stance from when we would put the Bmax4 rear arms on the car and the DTM comes with the original, original Z2-008R ones.
draboyd19 and BK24 like this.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know anything about all the gold hardware (turnbuckles, screws, etc...) on Lee Martin's EOS-Wels car? Who makes those screws with the cone-shaped top on them?
I don't usually like gold, but his car looks really tough.
Send him a message on Facebook, and you'll get the answer you seek, or tune into his next Live Facebook chat and ask him there - he responds and is a super guy.

https://www.facebook.com/LMR-172782379438253/
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by delanobe
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a wet astro set up for my dtm/dt YZ2.

Thanks in advance!
There are a few on here for an older YZ-2 that will get you close, and one for a DT as well that is more recent:

Yokomo YZ2, YZ2CA, YZ2DT & YZ2DTM Setup Sheets
Old 05-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarkA
One more addition to the list of differences that I am aware of - the CA and DTM come with different rear arms - the CA has Z4-008RS4 rear ones that replicate the wider stance from when we would put the Bmax4 rear arms on the car and the DTM comes with the original, original Z2-008R ones.

Good call - I run the B-Max4/2 rear arms on all my yok's to this day still so I always forget about this difference
Old 05-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What are peoples opinions on using the following for lower traction conditions:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...300ruw/p453879

I wouldn't mind a more stout mounting point for the rear ball studs, and then does add weight to the rear. Or, is the flex seen with the plastic still a better option back there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.