Like Tree286Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mes
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 AM
  #241  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

@Wildcat1971... I have built a BMAX-2 MR, MRv2 & BMAX-4 III. They are very nice kits. I still have the MRv2 & 4 III. In 2wd I do better with my Serpent MM & still loving my D413 (but waiting on the Serpent SRX-4, which Billy Easton should be running at the Reedy race).
slakr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
  #242  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

I know several people that tried the Serpent MM car. They all say the car feels great on the track, but the laptimes suffer. They dont know why. Some were sponsored by Serpent and have since dropped them. I like to try new cars and the Serpent is on my list. As is this new yok.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 AM
  #243  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I think very highly of the YOK and the Serpent cars. I just have had better personal results with the Serpent. I had the B5 & B5M too and they were very good as well. I also had the TLR 22 and a Team C 2wd, but for me they were an epic fail. I guess you could say I like to try different cars as well... LOL
slakr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 AM
  #244  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I knew a guy who was sponsored by serpent. If the car stayed together, he was low in the A mains in Modified. He bought another big named brand, and was nearly 5 tenths of a lap quicker and it was easier to drive. Since walking way from the serpent car he has consistently been on the podium.

Wildcat1971: Honestly if MIP comes out with stock pucks for these cars, there will be a lot of b5 drivers that switch. I know of a few top level stock drivers that are holding out till after reedy to purchase the YZ-2. Part of their reasoning for not switching is the puck system needed for top level prostock.
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 AM
  #245  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slakr View Post
I think very highly of the YOK and the Serpent cars. I just have had better personal results with the Serpent. I had the B5 & B5M too and they were very good as well. I also had the TLR 22 and a Team C 2wd, but for me they were an epic fail. I guess you could say I like to try different cars as well... LOL
trying different cars is good. Lol at the 22...sorry IMO that car is a load of you know what.


Who is running this car at the Reedy? Lee Martin and who else?
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM
  #246  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WillS View Post
I knew a guy who was sponsored by serpent. If the car stayed together, he was low in the A mains in Modified. He bought another big named brand, and was nearly 5 tenths of a lap quicker and it was easier to drive. Since walking way from the serpent car he has consistently been on the podium.

Wildcat1971: Honestly if MIP comes out with stock pucks for these cars, there will be a lot of b5 drivers that switch. I know of a few top level stock drivers that are holding out till after reedy to purchase the YZ-2. Part of their reasoning for not switching is the puck system needed for top level prostock.
So far this car looks very good. I dont run on low bite. We can pull wheelies in stock locally with the B5M. So, with that level of traction, I think this car might be good.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 AM
  #247  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Unfortunately Lee will not be running Reedy this year. As far as top guys, Hara is the only one i know of that will be running it there....
nitrorush27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:21 AM
  #248  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

wow, really? Man I was looking forward to see Lee with this car. He has been close in the past to the top of the podium against the american drivers on dirt.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:21 AM
  #249  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (327)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,772
Trader Rating: 327 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrorush27 View Post
Unfortunately Lee will not be running Reedy this year. As far as top guys, Hara is the only one i know of that will be running it there....
Lee's a carpet racer only.
jmoneym is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 AM
  #250  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I dont want to throw claims out on who is and isnt. Once they start the testing here in 2 days then we will be certain who is and isnt running this car.
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 AM
  #251  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

I really think this car could give Yokomo the edge they need in this years Astro Worlds
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 AM
  #252  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Lee's a carpet racer only.
Ya Lee only runs on carpet LOL

WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:32 AM
  #253  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,310
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

That is some dirty carpet. They should use a vacuum and not water the carpet.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 AM
  #254  
Moderator
iTrader: (21)
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 9,161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WillS View Post
Ya Lee only runs on carpet LOL
Almost even more "OffRoad" than indoor clay - that pic was from outdoor Astro testing - in the rain that they will actually race in over in the UK.
MarkA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
  #255  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post


Who is running this car at the Reedy? Lee Martin and who else?
Rumor has it that Jörn Neumann will give the YZ-2 a try at the Reedy Race.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service