Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fundukian
Does anyone know if you can convert your original Yz-2 to a 3 gear? do you have to drill any holes in the chassis? and what else is different on the CA? trying to figure out if its worth getting a new kit, Thanks
Upper right hand corner, there is a "search this thread" button. A few pages back someone broke down the differences in the kits. Basically, the CE and the DE have a different chassis from your car.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fundukian
Does anyone know if you can convert your original Yz-2 to a 3 gear? do you have to drill any holes in the chassis? and what else is different on the CA? trying to figure out if its worth getting a new kit, Thanks
Yes you can, and no you don't have to drill holes to fit the 3 gears carpet transmission. It's pretty much a direct fit. Same waterfall, screws right in.

Martin Paradis
Old 04-21-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
Yes you can, and no you don't have to drill holes to fit the 3 gears carpet transmission. It's pretty much a direct fit. Same waterfall, screws right in.

Martin Paradis
thanks guys, I guess I will just buy the 3 gear conversion when they are back in stock, only $30. other than that it sounds like the rear arm are just 1mm wider and I can work with that later
Old 04-21-2016, 07:14 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Xb2 vs Yz2 Dirt

Anyone here driven both and care to share their differences on indoor clay? Thx
Old 04-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone know what thrust bearing replacement I can use for the diff. I thought it might be Kyosho as I saw posted somewhere but the inner diameter is too small, OD was good though. So maybe AE or TLR, anyone know?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Look in the manual and then order them either from Avid or Boca Bearing as they tend to have most RC Bearings. Boca Bearing actually manufactures bearings so they'll likely be the best option.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey there good Yokomo People, I just bought and build a YZ-2 DT and having a horrible problem. Basically when exiting a corner and get on power the car gets incredibly squirly and its almost uncontrollable. I am running pretty much everything stock settings, other than 40wt in front and 37.5 in rear. I am running on indoor wet clay with medium traction. Clay electrons are the tires im running, and had no issues with these on my bmax2, everyone else runs these as well with no issue. I am wondering if maybe my diff might be too loose? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If your diff is too loose it would bark and most likely won't be swirly because it cannot apply the power. However, you probably want to do the front end lift test to be sure it is set just right. For me, just righ means the front end lifts 5-6 inches as I hold the rear wheels, but I also adjust my slipper according to grip conditions which can make all the difference. I'd suggest a setting where the tires are slightly breaking loose from a standing start because once the car is moving momentum and weight should add enough downforce to make the car stick pretty well.

Keep in mind however that I run the original YZ-2.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks, the diff is not barking, I typically set my diff just loose enough not to bark. Are there a lot of differences in the yz2 and the new DT, other than 4 gear transmission? Also would tightening the diff make it want to straighten out when getting on power? Im also thinking I may need more rear toe in.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Rear toe would be a good start, Stock is 3 degrees, might try 3.5

Last edited by steam; 04-23-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Is Lee Martins actual reedy race set up anywhere, all I can find is pictures of his car?
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steam
Is Lee Martins actual reedy race set up anywhere, all I can find is pictures of his car?
Lee Martin ran the Ymax at Reedy Race, not the same car by a mile, they changed a bunch of geometry for the new cars, his setup wouldn't really work that well with the DT.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tripd27
Hey there good Yokomo People, I just bought and build a YZ-2 DT and having a horrible problem. Basically when exiting a corner and get on power the car gets incredibly squirly and its almost uncontrollable. I am running pretty much everything stock settings, other than 40wt in front and 37.5 in rear. I am running on indoor wet clay with medium traction. Clay electrons are the tires im running, and had no issues with these on my bmax2, everyone else runs these as well with no issue. I am wondering if maybe my diff might be too loose? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
You need Red Yokomo front springs with 30 weight, AE white rear springs with 27.5 for your shock package, where are you shocks located? your over dampened with shock oil that thick not allowing the car to rotate and gain side traction. Didn't get fixed until I changed the location to the second to the most outer hole. Also what pistons? I am at 2X1.6 fronts, 2X1.7s in the rear. If your diff isn't barking, that's not the culprit. Also take out some steering by raising the front inner ballstud washer to 2mm, and get yourself a set of the 25gram weights for under the battery. Try those. I had to change very minimal things from box stock to get the car near perfect. Also are your tires well broken in? Electrons take a long time to come in fully, and have a narrow window of lasting. I would suggest if you can get a set of Microns, they come in quicker, but again don't last all that long before the foam becomes crap. For your diff setting, tighten it up until when you do the wheel flick test it rotates around 3/4 of a full turn. It doesn't need to be exact, if it rotates substantially more its too loose. Car is amazing and will do you well, just need to fix a couple of things.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
If your diff is too loose it would bark and most likely won't be swirly because it cannot apply the power. However, you probably want to do the front end lift test to be sure it is set just right. For me, just righ means the front end lifts 5-6 inches as I hold the rear wheels, but I also adjust my slipper according to grip conditions which can make all the difference. I'd suggest a setting where the tires are slightly breaking loose from a standing start because once the car is moving momentum and weight should add enough downforce to make the car stick pretty well.

Keep in mind however that I run the original YZ-2.
His shock package is way off with the oil, since he didn't say what pistons he is running, it could be a lot worse, that thick and he is not rotating enough to gain rear side bite which is why the car is squirrelly.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What effect does raising/lowering the front axle have guys? The adjustment you make by moving the spacer either to the to or bottom inside the c hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.