Like Tree285Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mes
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 AM
  #1501  
Tech Regular
 
scr8pn4205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 275
Default

ok thanks just trying to get an ozite setup working a little better as I see most setups are for either carpet of turf which have more grip I am guessing.
scr8pn4205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:13 PM
  #1502  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have not eperienced any shortage of steering with the shocks mounted in the rearward position. FWIW I have only driven the car on medium-high bite clay.
afm223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
  #1503  
Tech Master
iTrader: (83)
 
zeakemedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

I got the Speedy's slipper eliminator today and threw it on. This is his B4 eliminator. For whatever reason, I haven't measured the topshaft yet, the 5mm versions had a little play in them. I still need to get the buggy wired and hopefully will be turning laps this Saturday at The Factory.
Blake
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-image.jpg  
zeakemedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 PM
  #1504  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by afm223 View Post
I have not eperienced any shortage of steering with the shocks mounted in the rearward position. FWIW I have only driven the car on medium-high bite clay.
not needed for anything but astro/carpet car rotates quicker through 180's,etc.
noproblems209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 AM
  #1505  
Tech Regular
 
scr8pn4205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 275
Default

Originally Posted by noproblems209 View Post
not needed for anything but astro/carpet car rotates quicker through 180's,etc.
not needed? you talking about the shocks in the back of tower only needed for dirt? just asking thanks
scr8pn4205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:41 PM
  #1506  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Heading out to LSR in about an hour. I will finally get to see how she performs on a lower bite surface. It certainly won't help that I haven't driven the newest layout, but I have my b5m with me just in case things don't go as planned. Also a necessary evil since I haven't invested in any spares for the YZ yet.
afm223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:30 PM
  #1507  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scr8pn4205 View Post
ok thanks just trying to get an ozite setup working a little better as I see most setups are for either carpet of turf which have more grip I am guessing.
when you see carpet on the setup they're talking about ozite, So only question would be are you running on pin tires?
noproblems209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:48 PM
  #1508  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,859
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Guys you have any shock piston recommendations? I'm getting a lot of chassis slap up to 1.6x2 rear pistons and 32.5 oil. Front is 1.5x2 35 weight. Associated blue springs all around.
My car is heavier with brass rear ballstud mount, smc brass rear weights, front brass arm mount.

Car bottoms in the rear very bad.

Anyone use vrp pistons? If so which ones?
Antimullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:52 PM
  #1509  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Guys you have any shock piston recommendations? I'm getting a lot of chassis slap up to 1.6x2 rear pistons and 32.5 oil. Front is 1.5x2 35 weight. Associated blue springs all around.
My car is heavier with brass rear ballstud mount, smc brass rear weights, front brass arm mount.

Car bottoms in the rear very bad.

Anyone use vrp pistons? If so which ones?
I run 32.5(F)/27.5(R), 2x1.6 (all the way around) on my car with no problems at 1536g.
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:15 PM
  #1510  
Tech Apprentice
 
freakshow__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 90
Default

Can someone tell me how much wider the rear end gets by using the b-max 4 arms with the b-max 2 driveshafts???

I run on astroturf exclusively...wondering if this is even worth looking into to further stop traction rolling?
freakshow__ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 PM
  #1511  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
Can someone tell me how much wider the rear end gets by using the b-max 4 arms with the b-max 2 driveshafts???

I run on astroturf exclusively...wondering if this is even worth looking into to further stop traction rolling?
About .5 wider. All you really are doing is moving pivot points and creating a softer rear spring rate do to outer pivot point being farther away from the shock pivot point.
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:14 AM
  #1512  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Vented Dual disk slipper finally available in the US

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-670v/p465826
noproblems209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:32 AM
  #1513  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (141)
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,137
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WillS View Post
About .5 wider. All you really are doing is moving pivot points and creating a softer rear spring rate do to outer pivot point being farther away from the shock pivot point.
.5 what?
hacker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:04 AM
  #1514  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,332
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by noproblems209 View Post
Vented Dual disk slipper finally available in the US

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-670v/p465826
Why would you need this?

What is purpose of a Dual Slipper?

Thank you
Motorman007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:05 AM
  #1515  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker View Post
.5 what?
millimeters
WillS is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service