Wiki Posts
Search

losi scte 2.0 or tekno sc410

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default losi scte 2.0 or tekno sc410

Looking for a new sct want some advice on new purchase. Torn between tekno and scte 2.0. Every time I buy something a new model comes out. I had a associated sc 10 ( hatted working on it) so I bought a desc410v2 and did not like the saddle packs. Run indoor and possibly motorrama ( large indoor event on 1/8 scale track but mostly small indoor clay track. Local hobby shop doesn't carry parts for either one. Also does anyone know of any new truck comming out soon that would be worth waiting for? Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Both trucks are very good trucks. I have the TLR SCTE-TEN 2.0. My friend had a Tekno SC410. They are both very tough trucks to brake. Great on parts.

I hope this helps you to decide on a truck to run with.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

really don't think you could go wrong with either truck.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trout7c
Looking for a new sct want some advice on new purchase. Torn between tekno and scte 2.0. Every time I buy something a new model comes out. I had a associated sc 10 ( hatted working on it) so I bought a desc410v2 and did not like the saddle packs. Run indoor and possibly motorrama ( large indoor event on 1/8 scale track but mostly small indoor clay track. Local hobby shop doesn't carry parts for either one. Also does anyone know of any new truck comming out soon that would be worth waiting for? Thanks
The gears, diffs and especially the plastics are much better. Your wallet will thank you even though they both are competitive.
Jumping ability is just setup.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There is no comparison when it comes to the plastics used in the Tekno kit. The parts just do not wear. There is supposed talk of a new Losi this spring. There is no current plans for a new SCT410.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

I don't have any experience with the losi but I can tell you that the Tekno is a large, loud, frightening tank. I have mine set up with a Tekin 4600 motor, sounds like a chainsaw flying down the straight. Always scares the marshall at the end of the straight. lol
Old 12-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've owned a 410 and currently run the MIP version of the SCTE (Pro4mance).
Both trucks are beasts....Personally I found the 410 harder to set up, or my driving style fits the Pro4 better. The Teckno is INDUSTRIAL and a tank among tanks.
Anyway, of the 2 top SCT drivers at my local track, one drives the 410 and the other Pro4.... I'm not either
Old 12-11-2014, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got a used Tenscte 2.0 and love it, originally it was the 1.0 with MIP chassis on it and I have since switched it to the 2.0 chassis with the TLR tuning kit on it and it pretty much does what I want it to and I have had no problems at all with parts wear, or breakage other than when someone slams into the side of my truck at the end of a long straight way. I have only seen a TEKNO never driven one. as far as support and parts availability hard to beat TLR