Hephaestus RC Tune Up Spreadsheets >

Hephaestus RC Tune Up Spreadsheets

Hephaestus RC Tune Up Spreadsheets

Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one8updragracer View Post
awesome work!!
I am going to give this method a try when I have some time soon when I change to my indoor setup.

thank you for all your work.
Thank you for giving this method a try, any questions just ask.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

I would like to thank all of you, that wrote to me either openly on this thread or by email or PM. Without you I wouldn't have the energy to take this project to fruition. Thank you.

That being said, there was a ninja update (v1.4) and now there's the penultimate update, v1.7. Please use this version ASAP! Now you will be greeted with a new sheet regarding sway bar calculations. Sorry to have non SI units but it's easy to convert and I will be doing that the next days. It was a good year to me where I learned so much about suspension design that I feel confident enough to design my own car and mod/setup any car to be better. I'm happy with the current version, it is almost complete as stand-alone programs and has anything a racer needs.
The numbers to watch are: in "Shocks" sheet Recommended Oil/piston hole size and if springs are balanced (it will say if they aren't); in "Weight Transfer" Peak weight bias and Roll distribution. This one is very important, close to zero and the car will roll neutrally, negative values the rear is rolling more and positive values the front is rolling more.
As you can see, I have a 32.6 difference, the front rolls more but the roll couple is different front to rear. Usually more in the rear and visually you can see the front rolling a bit more but wouldn't say 32.6% more than the rear. As always there's a margin of error as small as it may be

Remember, in the end all cars are capable of performance so close that the intangibles matter more.

Any problem you have regarding filling the sheet or understanding it just reach me.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Updated V2 with a new shock piston calculator.

Credits go to RC10Nick, his way for calculating front to rear shock piston stagger was way better than mine. Cheers! *raises beer*

Last edited by 30Tooth; 01-05-2016 at 03:15 PM.