Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango re-focus on local club racing >

Team Durango re-focus on local club racing

Team Durango re-focus on local club racing

Old 12-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, Tower has very few Durangos at all listed. I guess this tells you the rest of the story. Nearly all my cars are Durango. I have two DESC210, just sold a Dex210, also Dest210, Dex410, and Desc410. My favorite is the Dex410(when it is not broke), followed by the Desc410.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Now a couple weeks into the New Year and still not a peep about anything. On the plus side, congratulations to Jorn on his 2015 DHI Cup 4wd title!! Nice to see him still using his DEX410!!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Now a couple weeks into the New Year and still not a peep about anything. On the plus side, congratulations to Jorn on his 2015 DHI Cup 4wd title!! Nice to see him still using his DEX410!!
Yes, would be nice to have some informatins about new cars and stuff!
Redrc wrote, that Jorn was running his worlds prototyp chassis at the DHI Cup and he changed to front double joint drive shafts from arrowmax.

http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...oducts_id=1668
Old 01-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why does everyone expect a new car each year? Each car model could realistically go for 5 years or more. Suspension geometry just isn't changing much and cars have more tuning options now than they need. New designs cost money. Lots of money. LOTS of money!!! If you need 15 different molds made per car at a cost of $5-$8 thousand each, that's a huge investment. Especially if it's fundamentally the same car that's made to look a little different so it can be called "new". I'm surprised more manufacturers aren't following the Traxxas design philosophy, which is a very good one. Share as many parts across platforms as possible.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
Why does everyone expect a new car each year? Each car model could realistically go for 5 years or more. Suspension geometry just isn't changing much and cars have more tuning options now than they need. New designs cost money. Lots of money. LOTS of money!!! If you need 15 different molds made per car at a cost of $5-$8 thousand each, that's a huge investment. Especially if it's fundamentally the same car that's made to look a little different so it can be called "new". I'm surprised more manufacturers aren't following the Traxxas design philosophy, which is a very good one. Share as many parts across platforms as possible.
I know that this costs lots of money, i did not mean the 210 and the 410, that were just released last year!
I would be more surprised or interested in the desc210 and some option part, that we already saw in the past on some of the pro cars, like the "on point" supension for RM and MM, or something like that.
I think, the supensoin holder should be decoupled from the gear box like other factorys do, that would be nice!?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm not going back to a Durango but if Travis Amacuza is still running Durango then he was in the top 4 or 5 at the Mid West Champs this weekend in Ohio in 2wd mod. If he is still running the Durango then I would say the car is pretty damn competitive overall as plenty of heavy hitters where racing this event.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

On a positive note. I'm still driving the TD 4WD 1/10th cars consistently. I ran into an issue with a part three weeks ago and replacement was not available (backordered til later this month).

Travis responded immediately, and worked with GP and hooked me up with a replacement.

Thats very promising support; something that had been lacking for a long time..

DEX410v4 and DEX210v2 on the podium this weekend at CRCRC in Ohio. DESC210 also on the podium in stock 2wd SC I believe...
Old 01-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

micholix: Are you talking about the rear shock tower not being attached to the gearbox anymore? I can certainly see how that might be easier to leave separate but most other cars can't switch shock mounting locations from in front of to behind the arms like a 210 can.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I don't think people expect a car new every year (minus like Xray yearly editions), but just the cars they're promised. We've been told the DNX8 was going to come out so many times, shortly followed by other 1/8ths, only to have every date broken. I think the first date was March 2014, then June, then October.

With the appearance of the Arrma Tailon(sp.?) and Sta nton 6s short course, its very clear where Hobbico/Durango/Arrma's priorities are, and not at Durango. I'll continue to run my 210v2 as well, its a good capable buggy.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
micholix: Are you talking about the rear shock tower not being attached to the gearbox anymore? I can certainly see how that might be easier to leave separate but most other cars can't switch shock mounting locations from in front of to behind the arms like a 210 can.
Yes, thats what i meant.
You are right, that most other cars can't switch the shocks like on the 210.
i just think it would be better, the shock tower would be somehow bolt on directly to the chassis and not on a plastic gear box.
I think, the complete drive train should be a saperat section and the suspension also.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I just switched over from TLR To Durango, I'm sure people probably think that I'm nutty for doing it. But they make good looking solid cars. The only think I don't care for is taking each part off of some kind of tree, mostly because of the clean up after to make it smooth but for the cars to be as solid and tight as they are after their built says something. I loved my TLR cars but they were a bunch of fat girls that you couldn't slim down to save your life if you wanted them to run good in our spec 13.5 classes. Then becomes the problem of chasing down all the lighter cars and not burning up your electronics doing it. Im excited to see what these cars can do, I finally get to run them tomorrow night!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
I don't think people expect a car new every year (minus like Xray yearly editions), but just the cars they're promised. We've been told the DNX8 was going to come out so many times, shortly followed by other 1/8ths, only to have every date broken. I think the first date was March 2014, then June, then October.

With the appearance of the Arrma Tailon(sp.?) and Sta nton 6s short course, its very clear where Hobbico/Durango/Arrma's priorities are, and not at Durango. I'll continue to run my 210v2 as well, its a good capable buggy.
The solution would be to not announce anything. If there are spy shots, let the speculation run wild. Otherwise say nothing until a release date is near.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hello All,

this is indeed our philosophy now, we got a lot of hate about teasing images and CAD renders of our cars and taking a long time to get them right before production. (I'm thinking DNX408 and DEX408 here)

Now we typically now do not release any news until they have shipped from the factory.

People don't like broken promises, people also don't like being kept in the dark so I guess we can't win...?

Our current range of cars is very good as proven recently by Travis, we are always building on what we already have to continually improve what we have.

I can assure that cars are being worked on right now, a lot of effort is being put into all of these new upcoming TD cars.
These cars will be exactly what they need to be for their individual application

Many Thanks
Chris
Old 01-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Its only the beginning of the year guys lol give it time.

I agree with Fred though .

Doughy gave you the answer.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Thanks Chris, that's an update. Glad you chimed in...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.