Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi fellas, trying to install the plastic 46t center spur gear but when fully assembled on the diff it is locked tight and won't turn at all, do I need to do something before installing it?

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you have the plastic diff spacer installed?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'd guess something is just not seated right. Take it back apart, make sure the spider gears are on the cross pins correctly and spin the outdrives after you put the spur side on. Anything out of line should seat then. Unless you are using some super heavy diff oils.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just purchased a MBX7R Eco online and now I would like to compliment it with a MBX7T Eco. However, the truggies are harder to come by for a bargain price. Are you able to convert a nitro MBX7T over to an Eco model? I found a kit to convert the nitro buggy, but I'm not sure if they are the same kit or not for the truggy.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-17-2019, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sabongi
Do you have the plastic diff spacer installed?
I wasn't aware of any spacer? Do you have a part number?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrin70
Hi fellas, trying to install the plastic 46t center spur gear but when fully assembled on the diff it is locked tight and won't turn at all, do I need to do something before installing it?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Darrin70
I wasn't aware of any spacer? Do you have a part number?

Yes, Please explain this diff spacer???? Unless you are talking about the Gasket C0257

Attached the exploded view from the MBX7R Eco

I no longer run the buggy, yet I know the Diff housing numbers between the Nitro and E-Buggy are different / the E-buggy is C0256 and the Nitro Buggy E2201. I am not sure are you running a MBX7R Eco or a converted MBX7?

Either way with the E0256 spur and the C0256 diff housing you should be good. Double Check your Cross pins, that they are resting in their recess in the middle and that its flat to flat. If your pins are off it may interfere.

See here:
Old 11-03-2022, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

I know this thread is long dead. Any idea how long Mugen typically supports prior gen buggies? I have an mbx7r eco with barely any use, fell out of the hobby now getting back in. I’m wondering if I should sell or keep it to race next summer. My concern is getting parts and parts that aren’t inflated due to low stock.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I still run my 7r Eco. The new 8 and 8r arms and diffs can be used. And other than that, not much breakage to worry about.

Edit. Sorry, should have been more detailed. 8 arms bolt on, just need the lower shock retaining pin and screws.

8r rears need new rear pivots. I'm using 7t parts, but the new 8r ones should fit. New 8r rear hubs are supposed to be great, haven't tried them yet, but they bolted on no problem.

I put 8 diffs in my car, just needed the new pinion gears and bearings to fit. I THINK they were 8x16mm, but basically, the size of the 7 case, and the 8 pinion. Had to grind a little in the diff cases to fit the ring gear.