Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
how do you clean your tires? >

how do you clean your tires?

how do you clean your tires?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default how do you clean your tires?

What different ways do you clean your tires after a race? Water? Simple green? Or just brush the dust and mud off? Looking for suggestions.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Bristle brush works pretty well. You want to be careful with water to not get it into the foams.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchelG
What different ways do you clean your tires after a race? Water? Simple green? Or just brush the dust and mud off? Looking for suggestions.
Heres what I use

Pretty simple to make and can be had for a few $

Plastic food storage container with lid, at dollar store for around $1
Generic scrub brush with flat handle, at dollar store for around $1
2 1" deck screws, about $0.05
small amount of silicone to seal it all up, about $0.30

put silicone all over the "top" of the brush, invert it, and place at the bottom of the container. Then screw the 2 screws up through the bottom of the container to secure it. Allow to dry. Then fill it right up to the bottom of the bristles and clean away!
Attached Thumbnails how do you clean your tires?-952491.jpg   how do you clean your tires?-wooden-scrub-brush-5587549.jpg  
Old 10-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MitchelG
i use a toothbrush simple green mix with wd40... but i do it that way for speed. it better to use simple green to get the dirt off the tire then wash the simple green off. simple green is kinda of a soap which will make the tire inconsistent for the first few laps and it a semi degreaser(not very strong degreaser) but still it good to recondition the tire after use. i use wd40 for the conditioner but there might be better stuff out there. the wd40 will make your tire last longer and keep it soft so you dont break the pins/knobs and the rubber keep grip like new.
it also good to do this at the end of each run and give the wd40 10min to dry in sun you will see how much grip you gain. dont use a lot of wd it take longer to dry!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I use Dawn Dish soap and water.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i just use diluted simple green in a spray bottle and a finger nail brush. i'll sauce them up or not and stash them back into a ziploc bag. if things get a little tackier i'll take them home and use warm water with liquid soap and let them air dry before sticking them back into the ziploc. everyone has their own routine.