R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Ways to slow top speed... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/841782-ways-slow-top-speed.html)

alberta guy 10-14-2014 05:25 PM

Ways to slow top speed...

I have a rc8.2e rtr buggy that I use as a basher. 2000kv motor mamba monster 2 esc. Other than changing the gearing or putting a limited on the controller. How can I slow down my car some more? I'm just a basher. The faster it goes the bigger I try to jump it ect. So I break parts. I just want the top speed to be slower. Not limit he power with punch control or anything like that.

cruz1383 10-14-2014 06:00 PM

well changing the motor with a lower kv will do it but that more expensive then lowering the pinion teeth or getting a bigger spur. also you can lower the battery from 4s to 3s all of this will bring you to a lower speed.

gatorage 10-14-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by alberta guy (Post 13595406)
I have a rc8.2e rtr buggy that I use as a basher. 2000kv motor mamba monster 2 esc. Other than changing the gearing or putting a limited on the controller. How can I slow down my car some more? I'm just a basher. The faster it goes the bigger I try to jump it ect. So I break parts. I just want the top speed to be slower. Not limit he power with punch control or anything like that.

i dont know how good the stock controller is but most digital you can put a % like like 50% power or what ever you want. i know you said other then this but this is the best way.

easy cheap fix you can put something behind your trigger/ or the trigger itself... like tape and wrap it around till you get it where you want it.

Hoese37 10-14-2014 06:29 PM

Turn down the EPA on the radio.

ThoughtCriminal 10-14-2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by alberta guy (Post 13595406)

This is the first post I've read that someone wants to go slower. :lol:

I'd start with stop pinning the throttle. ;)

alberta guy 10-14-2014 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal (Post 13595591)
This is the first post I've read that someone wants to go slower. :lol:

Like I said. I'm nothing but a basher. My buggy comes everywhere with me. Saturday night for instance we were drunk and all my friends have rc's also. We built a ramp that made by buggy go about 10 feet in the air to flat ground. When er eryone else had slower machines and we're going around 5 feet. Lol

slasn_48 10-14-2014 09:08 PM

If you don't want to change anything then throttle control is the answer.

exheliguy 10-14-2014 10:59 PM

Just lower your end points for throttle

skeasor 10-15-2014 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by exheliguy (Post 13596023)
Just lower your end points for throttle

Yea, I had a rtr b4.1 and if it's the same radio you should be able to turn down the throttle end point.

racer1812 10-15-2014 09:23 AM

*shakes head*.......leaves

3DRCRACER 10-15-2014 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by alberta guy (Post 13595733)
Like I said. I'm nothing but a basher. My buggy comes everywhere with me. Saturday night for instance we were drunk and all my friends have rc's also. We built a ramp that made by buggy go about 10 feet in the air to flat ground. When er eryone else had slower machines and we're going around 5 feet. Lol

Friends don't let friends drink and drive.