Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for a MBX-4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tips for a MBX-4?

Just wondering if anyone had any tuning tips (chassis*) for a MBX-4. Besides the response, "Buy a MBX-5".
Old 09-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you have the original mbx 4 with the angled hingepins? I have one too and I really like it.

The best thing you can do is to get the optional shock towers so you can use the longer shocks off the rr/xr. I doubt you will be able to find the optional front tower because I couldn't, but the rr/xr tower is very similar.

When you have the rr/xr front tower, take the shocks that where on the back and use those on the front. I found a stiff suspension works best at all tracks, blue springs, single hole pistons with 35-45 wt oil.

When on a rough track, try running no swaybars in the front and rear, I found that it helps the car rotate better. If you run a smooth track with grip, run with both swaybars.

Keep your shocks the same for every track (oil, piston, etc) mount them in the correct spots on the arms and towers to correspond with the track conditions.

The best adjustments you can make are the tires, front diff, and swaybars, thats what I found that works for me anyway, you want to try and keep the amount of adjustments you make to a minimum, you have to learn to drive the car how it is set up, if you chase your setup all day, you won't fair very well.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

thanks

anyone else with some sugestions?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you go to Mugen Seiki's website I think you will find setups for the MBX 4. They can still run well, the MBX5 is just a bit better in the rough.