Kyosho Mp9e by "targetingxmod"

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho Mp9e by "targetingxmod"

Old 11-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Bird!
Bird!
Bird!

Not "baby". I already got one child ... sleepless nights are over...

Or maybe my bird "didn't" tell me yet...

I will try that MM2 "troque Limit" function when my 30T pinion arrives!

Originally Posted by Dr_T
Baby? Congrats man, nice times! Not so good for sleep though .

I'll let you know how it goes. What I don't like so much about the Fly Rato is that I think it's quite thin for a spur gear: 3.5mm, compared to normal 4 mm; so will be a bit harder on the pinions due to less contact area. Before I try, I still need to do the 1/5 GRP tire mod on the axles though... got a bit distracted with a future project (no Batmobile 8ight, but a "crash-and-burn?" 56mm motor Kyosho GT2).

Anyway, did you check the kv of your motor already with the Torque test on the MM2 ESC? I guess it's a ~1500 too; I asked owner of the shop if mine was a mix-up, but he said it wasn't and that he rates the kv for this motor under 200A load - which is a bit strange to do, but I'm actually quite happy with it, given the limited 8-10S ESC options.

With your stock spur and the 34T XO-1 Traxxas pinion, ~1500kv would already get you around ~163 kph no-load, nominal voltage, unballooned, wheel-speed on your (~116 mm?) buggy tires. I don't think your tires will stay on long enough to reach that speed though. Like Koval said, you need GRP tires man - ok, it can wait until in January . They're smaller though, so then you need to gear up again. With the 97 mm GRP tires, 34/46 gearing yields 136 kph no-load nominal, so then you probably do need the 35T spur.

Funny you opened up that URC thread again btw, other one got closed due to some mud throwing, entertaining though .
Old 11-27-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Bird!
Bird!
Bird!

Not "baby". I already got one child ... sleepless nights are over...

Or maybe my bird "didn't" tell me yet...
Haha, sorry man, you said "new bird", so congrats anyway .
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Well, problems after crash were solved and today was day to make sure it rides good!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-Video is uploading and speaks for itself...

Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-09-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice
Old 12-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Cool it's running well again! I think you need to gear up man. Wanted to send you a PM about amain's $2 intl shipping, but stock was very low and I happened to buy the last 2x 29T and 1x 34T Traxxas XO-1 pinions they had, for a whopping total of 4 Euro per pinion, incl shipping .

Maybe I missed it in the video, but how did you measure the claimed 120+ kmh? Your gearing gives you a no-load wheel speed of ~105 km/h, assuming the motor is 1500kv, instead of 1200kv (~84 km/h)... In my set-up (114 km/h calculated no-load wheel speed), I'm seeing about 10% higher speed than the calculated speed, due to some (7.5°) timing advance and the massive ballooning of the truggy tires. Not downplaying your results, but if you put up numbers like that, you need to be able to back them up .

As a great man once spoke:
Just make sure to proof it in photos or in video that ... mph

I believe you achived it! Just like to see the proof!

Last edited by Dr_T; 12-09-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Well since i have no gps or radar gun yet... all i can say is that is FAST!

It was based on your gps that marks 121kmh with the same motor/gearing but with taller tires and being a Truggy!

Honestly i had no idea until i saw your gps pics, so it's around that.. maybe 110-115kmh

Having problems with Paypal lately by the way...
"no 200srx (bird), no tires, no parts, no money "

Video now has mores pics and legends!

Originally Posted by Dr_T
Cool it's running well again! I think you need to gear up man. Wanted to send you a PM about amain's $2 intl shipping, but stock was very low and I happened to buy the last 2x 29T and 1x 34T Traxxas XO-1 pinions they had, for a whopping total of 4 Euro per pinion, incl shipping .

Maybe I missed it in the video, but how did you measure the claimed 120+ kmh? Your gearing gives you a no-load wheel speed of ~105 km/h, assuming the motor is 1500kv, instead of 1200kv (~84 km/h)... In my set-up (114 km/h calculated no-load wheel speed), I'm seeing about 10% higher speed than the calculated speed, due to some (7.5°) timing advance and the massive ballooning of the truggy tires. Not downplaying your results, but if you put up numbers like that, you need to be able to back them up .

As a great man once spoke:

Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-09-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

-Air condicioned
Old 12-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

30T pinion for a 102mm lenght motor seems allright let's see how it reacts to heat!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-13-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Now it will move.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 0verkill
Now it will move.
Or burn motor!

I am not after world record single pass speed freaks runs... i am after emptying batery pack's enjoying speed runs after speed runs till batery see's LVC and with no heat issues!
Hard task!

Let's see... winter time gives no weather to try it... but soon it will be tested!
Old 12-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Or burn motor!

I am not after world record single pass speed freaks runs... i am after emptying batery pack's enjoying speed runs after speed runs till batery see's LVC and with no heat issues!
Hard task!

Let's see... winter time gives no weather to try it... but soon it will be tested!
Just be careful for the temps on your motor and esc , it is preferable to plug a wattmeter betwen your motor and esc when you trying to hit the limits especialy if you want topalying around till emptying your batt pack .Peak currents on such high gerarings are and this gadget will help you find the most safe highest gearing on your car .
Good luck
Old 12-14-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koval
Just be careful for the temps on your motor and esc , it is preferable to plug a wattmeter betwen your motor and esc when you trying to hit the limits especialy if you want topalying around till emptying your batt pack .Peak currents on such high gerarings are and this gadget will help you find the most safe highest gearing on your car .
Good luck
Thanks. Can post a pic or a link or brand model for those wattmeter!?
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Good stuff, that's ~144kmh no-load gearing (1500kv), getting serious now! Fling off some tires man .

Probably a good time now to add a big 24V DC fan on the motor, looking forward to your results!

Here's some inspiration for making an Eagletree logger high-current proof: http://www.ultimatercnetwork.com/for...d.php?t=215380, but maybe Koval knows some easier/better solutions.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

I totally agree with dr_t,
there are also some onboard wattmeters like this

Old 12-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hum...

Hum...

30T pinion now....

-Unglued one tire and foam out...

-So i glued it again as foam now to! (not on pic, pic is just the tire inside)

-Surprise... another tire, this time the foam is sticking not from the sides, but from the middle of the tire... and i will glued it again! need the acetone trick in a bucket for it, now!

( i know i need belted tires... but that's what i have and it's fun to see what happens with what we got, and not to rush to spend big bucks to lalala land)

One thing that worries me now is not the heat... Still haven't found it on this motor... CHRIST!! (is this a UFO motor?) or maybe the buggy is lighter for it "but i haven't play a whole pack cause tires get unglued... i didn't have this problem on 22T pinion... or maybe they are behind bold and it was coincidal with changing gear)

The thing is: NOW when squeezing the throttle it makes wheelies like a beast on crack steroids with cocain mixed on heroin! All with punch control at maximum and throttle curve very soft. (not yet working with the "torque limit" cause NO, yet, ok?) and finally been gentle on the trigger....

I had it flying again not because a corner, with no injuries but because of wheelie TAKE off from midle inicial aceleration and i really need those T-BONES bumpers and a wheelie bar!

With 22T it didn't wheelie at all. But with 30T pinion it will wheelie and fly....
And space's where i usual drive are smaller and smaller to strecth it's legs....

Is this a "paranormal" effect? Isn't it supposde to be the other way?

I only changed the pinion from 22T to 30T

I miss the 22T pinion feeling drive!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-Fast but predicatable!

Anyone can explain to me, why wheelies on demand with a bigger pinion and not with a smaller pinion, if we can say a 22T is smaller....

Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-17-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.