8th electronics

Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J View Post
So you will need a newer Android based phone or tablet, a OTG cable and of course the Tekin hotwire its self. Really a nice setup and easy enough to use.
http://www.amazon.com/Lindy-1m-USB-O...20609-20#31718
I have a tablet and my phone is all I use for internet I'm on it typing this it's Android based HTC droid DNA. Lol this is all assuming I'm going with the tekin. anyone have info on the others listed?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe that SMC is scheduled to have their own esc out in a month or so. They already have pre orders up for their own 1900kv motor at half the price of a tekin motor.
If their electronics turn out to be as good as their batteries it will be awesome.
Currently I run the hobbywing sct pro. Never had any issues with it. Just lacks some of the adjustability of the tekin esc.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HW SCTPRO, half the price and great reliability
Old 10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by one8updragracer View Post
I believe that SMC is scheduled to have their own esc out in a month or so. They already have pre orders up for their own 1900kv motor at half the price of a tekin motor.
If their electronics turn out to be as good as their batteries it will be awesome.
Currently I run the hobbywing sct pro. Never had any issues with it. Just lacks some of the adjustability of the tekin esc.
That's interesting. I'm debating if I need the adjustability. My speed passion is not that adjustable and at my local track the top 3 are usually a lrp flow, my speedpassion and a tekin and the guy that runs the tekin I've never seen him hooked to it changing things but at the same time I see how some of the adjustability on what rpm the power pours on could help dial in deeper. At the same time there's alot to be said for simple stupid and set it and forget it. This class I'm referring to is 10th 2wd sct.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

That smc stuff is definitely priced right. Especially the mota.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

The smc mota is showing in stk has anyone tried it?
Old 10-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Really the only thin I miss about the sct pro is a high voltage bec.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by one8updragracer View Post
Really the only thin I miss about the sct pro is a high voltage bec.

I thought that's what u were running sct pro? I think I got your saying u wish it had a high voltage bec.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riley1131 View Post
I'm setting up my first 8th buggy xray xb9e. Been running speedpassion reventon pros with tekin gen 2 mods in 10th mod truck. They have no 8th esc so looks like I'm going another way looking for opinions.

Tekin rx8 most popular used to run alot of tekin stuff in the early 90s good stuff huge tunability great cs no program box high price I do have a android phone I could probably program with.

2. Viper vtx8 comparable to tekin in every way has programing box never used their stuff.

3 Hobbywing a little cheaper has programing box. Senn them win at track good reputation. Never had experience with them.

4. Novak activ8. Used to run alot of Novak stuff never had a problem with it. Can get them cheap new or used mixed reviews on Novak. Button programing it's ok more set it forget it deal I like the box better. I do like Novak though and am really considering this one everything I've ever had from then was high quality race stuff and cs was good for me when I needed it

5 lrp ix8. Not many reviews heard they have button problems. Most of their stuff is top notch from my experience. Button programing so if the buttons quit that sucks. High price.

6. Hobbyking, sky rc Chinese stuff. I've head it's good stuff no experience with it. Bought a radio link radio supposed to be great pos never worked sent back bought airtronics never looked back. My only experience with China stuff. It is half price though.

Motors.

Tekin. T8 I'm sure their good.

Novak 1/8 mota probably good to.

Trinity d8 mota I'm interested in hearing some experienced reviews on this mota. From my experience trinity makes great motas.

I'm interested in hearing opinions on all thus stuff if u have experience with it put it up there.
All opinions and comments are appreciated. Thanks
Crap 8th scale electronics, that break after 12 months, is the main reason I left the 8th scale scene entirely. Based on my experiences, I would only use the HW products....if I was ever crazy enough to get back into 8th scale electric.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
Crap 8th scale electronics, that break after 12 months, is the main reason I left the 8th scale scene entirely. Based on my experiences, I would only use the HW products....if I was ever crazy enough to get back into 8th scale electric.
If u look at it from that point I agree it would be best to pit the cheapest thing u can get by with in dropping 300+ on a combo it would suck if it didn't last .