R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-24-2015, 06:49 AM   #91
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Still happy with mine for the $209 that I paid shipped... so I guess after "ecash" was factored in thats less than $200... It has taken a helluva beating and I have not had any issues other than the body is pretty trashed.

I agree that for $300 there are better options tho.

Ross
RossA81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #92
Tech Rookie

Hey, everyone. New here and just picked up the Cutback as my first RC. Pretty sweet so far, but I'm a FNG so I'm here to learn. Got some good ideas for mods from the thread, but bc I'm an amateur, what should I do to it first?? Thanks!
Darth_ted_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #93
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I'd say probably give the diffs a rebuild with some diff fluid and probably do the shocks with oil you feel is good for your conditions. That way you know what is in what, and its in there correct.

in general with any RTR I would tear it down and rebuild it as you don't know how well it was put together by whoever did it.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #94
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thread has slowed down a bit - mines been sitting around for a while - I tried to make inline fenders for it which worked ok at keeping out the dirt/rocks but I'll need to play around with it a little more- anyone else tried this? I did it for my hpi mini trophy truck and it works great.

Btw - saw this awesome dakar rally conversion video on youtube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7X0d3AwCQ

I'm going to try something similar once the stock body is bashed up a bit.
littlebuddha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #95
Tech Legend

if anyone has any common useful info that can be added to the first page just let me know
Old 03-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

there is a youtube vid of a guy in Australia relocating the ESC to the top of the receiver box, it just bolts right on to see if they can redistribute the weight a little more to the rear.
Nissanguy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Has anyone else done anything interesting to the cutback? Or made it perform any better on a track? I am thinking of relocating the esc to over the receiver box.

When I opened the front shocks, I found there to not be enough oil inside, so I replaced it with 40 wt. Still haven't really taken it off road on a track yet! trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it. What other bodies has anyone put on it? Any pics?
Old 04-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #98
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did anyone see that its the same vehicle as the HPI Maverick they sell in Europe? Wonder who actually makes this chassis...

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/maverick-t...om-hpi-racing/
littlebuddha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #99
Tech Rookie

Did anyone find out what the wheel offset is? I'd like to order some prolines already mounted for track use. I downloaded the manual for the esc and dialed in a higher punch setting. It helps bring the front back up while in the air. I'm running the 54tooth spur with a Traxxas 17 tooth pinion and it's still running cool and it's very quick. Running a 5200mah 45c cont/90c burst 2s pack. Anyone running the tower hobbies adjustable link set, or sway bars yet?
Tubedrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Is anyone in the bay area (San Jose) interested in buying a brand new Cutback? If so PM me, I am going to sell mine, its brand new in the box, I upgraded the turnbuckles to adjustable traxxas ones all throughout the truck and added a 13 tooth pinion, its brand new not a scratch on it! it just sits in the box!

I don't want to have to ship it, and I have an ad on SF bay area craigslist for sale.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #101
Tech Rookie

Can the esc handle a 3c? Cant find any info if it can or not.. i would like a sc truck that has 4x4 cause while i love my slash when i used it i really miss 4x4 lol
gordesky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #102
Tech Rookie

Did anyone pick one up during the Labor day sale? it was down to $225 before coupons. I almost pulled the trigger, I just didn't get a chance to do enough research to see how feasible it would be as a racer. Oh well, outdoor racing season is over for me an a couple weeks anyway. I have till spring to find a 4x4 SC.
StatGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #103
Tech Legend

looks like a few more deals on this going on too.

seems like a pretty nice option for the money, especially if you get that 2 year warranty and I believe this vehicle was chosen for that gift program listed on the for sale thread.

the actual "slow" speed of the vehicle stock on 2S may not even be a bad thing for new drivers to get used to it as too much speed is usually the first problem.

The big thing I am curious about is durability.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #104
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been "bashing" mine for about a year. I re-geared it to get a little more top end. The only thing I keep breaking is front shocks. The plastic caps crack easily and like to loosen and pop off. Overall I have had a lot of fun with this for $200 I invested. That being said, it is not a race truck. And if you break something you are done for the day because you can not just run to the store and get parts.

Ross
RossA81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #105
Tech Legend

what are you feeling that keeps it front being a race truck outside of configuration changes like shock oil, springs, pistons, etc?

As for parts, personally i don't rely on the hobbyshop to have a part in stock, rather have it in my pit box in general when racing.

But glad to hear more about the vehicle.