Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need help finding a setup station >

Need help finding a setup station

Need help finding a setup station

Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default Need help finding a setup station

Hey guys, looking to get a setup station that'll not only work on 2/4 wheel buggy, but also ShortCourse trucks. I've read some people are using the Hudy off road station with the 1/8 toe plate, but I'm curious to see what else would work or what you have that works. Pictures and comments would help! Thanks everyone.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMO, setup stations are THE biggest waste of money. All you need is a ride height gauge, camber gauge and a set of calipers. The best in the world don't even use the stations in offroad. If you like to tinker and think they're neat, then of course buy one. If you're serious about racing offroad... 100% not necessary.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
IMO, setup stations are THE biggest waste of money. All you need is a ride height gauge, camber gauge and a set of calipers. The best in the world don't even use the stations in offroad. If you like to tinker and think they're neat, then of course buy one. If you're serious about racing offroad... 100% not necessary.
While I respect and appreciate your response and opinion, I was looking to get ideas on which stations worked, not whether or not they're needed or not needed. Spending money isn't the issue either. Until I personally have it in my hands and use it a few times, then I won't be able to determine whether or not it's a waste of money. Everyone has different opinions, likes and dislikes, that's what's makes this hobby so diverse. Tebos setup works for him, but 9/10 times it won't work for me. That's the way I look at it.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I recently purchased the integrity 1/8 setup station and after figuring out how to check things out it is nice to be able to make adjustments and set the car down and it goes straight the first time. Also being able to check to make sure that you are getting the same steering left to right is nice.
Of course you need calipers also but as the plastics wear out there are small differences so that is where the setup station comes in handy.