Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team C TR2 rear end help >

Team C TR2 rear end help

Team C TR2 rear end help

Old 09-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

for bashing a gear diff would be better, much less maintenance. also check that the tires r glued well to the rim and grow at the same rate under accelration
Old 09-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Just lift the arse end up and pull the trigger for this?
I think the tires are glued ok.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bksrt View Post
Its for my kids so if it doesnt do wheelies they arent impressed. They arent racing it just bashing. I should lock the diff and slipper and just not worry about it but i hate when stuff doesnt work the way its supposed to
Sounds to be working correctly.

You can't do wheelies if there isn't enough grip! I don't know what tyres you would need for that on Tarmac.

Tighten the diff enough so that it isn't slipping. Over tightening will just increase the rate at which it wears.

As 2dialed has said, a gear diff would be better for bashing. It is a fit-and-forget item.

Bashing appeal has limited duration. Suggest you get them to the local club and start racing. There is a world of difference between driving it about at random as opposed to trying to complete a set course faster than anyone else! That's where the fun starts.

Locking the slipper just makes it a monster that requires the touch of a midwife to control.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

They have zero driving experience right now. So bashing for a bit wont hurt. Plus where we go theres a whole bunch of bmx jumps we built as kids so its kind of like a course. Im not very good myself. I havent yet ran my buggy after rebuilding it...still waiting on some parts. It should be interesting to drive a vehicle thats functioning the way it should for the first time lol

The slipper is locked right now but i can still back it off so it works right.