Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
axial yeti vs exo terra >

axial yeti vs exo terra

axial yeti vs exo terra

Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
This is a great thread, btw... I'm looking for a basher - probably nothing extreme, but I do want solid/reliable. I've had a VXL 4x4 Slash (and wish I still had it) - I want something along those lines. I also had a Wraith built-up pretty big, MMP, Vanquished out, etc... It just didn't really fire me up that much.

How do you think the Exo would fit into this range? What about an e-revo?

My thought is that the E-Revo would be the top, then the 4X4 Slash, then the Exo... IF this is the case, how far back would you rate the Exo? (Exo RTR that much worse than the kit?)
You have the right order for those 3 but there are many other rigs out there that would be better than the Revo or Slash. The MT4 has a great reputation as a reliable basher and most of the cars and trucks built on a 1/8 buggy chassis are pretty stout. I still have a Slash 4x4 that accumulates more dust on the shelf than it does outside. It isn't broken by any means but I just haven't had the desire to run it. I sold off my Exo and was extremely happy to close that chapter of my life.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is a great thread, btw... I'm looking for a basher - probably nothing extreme, but I do want solid/reliable. I've had a VXL 4x4 Slash (and wish I still had it) - I want something along those lines. I also had a Wraith built-up pretty big, MMP, Vanquished out, etc... It just didn't really fire me up that much.

My thought is that the E-Revo would be the top, then the 4X4 Slash, then the Exo... IF this is the case, how far back would you rate the Exo? (Exo RTR that much worse than the kit?)
i do not think the exo is far behind the slash if even at all and the erevo is in a different category. i have not ever had an e revo but i did run a brushless summit for about a year which is the same platform with the addition of locking differentials on the summit. if you plan to run brushless power and lipo batteries i would definitely look at the mt4 or converting a 1/8 truggy to brushless for sure. my other bashing rig is a losi 8t 2.0 running a tekin rx8 and neu castle 2200kv motor on 3.2 rpm revolver stablemaxx wheels with losi claw mt tires. i mostly run 4s but occasionally will bump it up to 6s to get crazy. truck takes a serious beating and just keeps going. its incredible how tough it is.
i do agree that it would also be good to look into the mt4. i do not have any personal experience with one but have read a lot about it and have seen a lot of videos and it seems to just be a bashing dream!!

my losi
Old 01-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oh and i forgot to say that my summit was a total money pit. every run, it would break something. many a arms. both bulkheads more than once. a few differentials.... lots of broken parts!! e revo will share that same fate with big brushless power
Old 11-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

I still run my Exo Terra, fun car to bash around. Upgraded it with alloy parts for that "sexy" look. Love also the real Hankook tyres, they " bite" in every surface. Hope that parts will be around for a long time.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody have one exo kit nib for sale?