Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

no, VA.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #197
Tech Initiate

OK
Just got done building my new CRT, got a question. according to the directions it says the front shocks need to have 37.5mm of distance between the body and the rod end.

im using the long rod ends like it says but the most i can get is about 32mm, any more and i an afraid they will fall off. at 32 the rod ends bottom aganst the dust bootie before the chassis touches the ground.

what did you guys set your at? am i missing something. This is not my first kit BTW.

thanks
ETRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:59 AM   #198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but new body for the X1-CRT from Proline

Steve Wang
Maxx Truck
www.maxxtruck.com
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin' X1-CRT - 2005 ROAR National Champion!-3213.jpg  
Old 01-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #199
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Almost finish buliding my truck. Does anyone has suggestion on what weight of shock oil to be used as well as shock positions?
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin' X1-CRT - 2005 ROAR National Champion!-jammin3.jpg   Jammin' X1-CRT - 2005 ROAR National Champion!-jammin2.jpg  
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joech
Almost finish buliding my truck. Does anyone has suggestion on what weight of shock oil to be used as well as shock positions?
Set-ups for the truck can be found here..

http://www.jamminproducts.com/setups.htm
Old 01-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

so i just picked up a CRT yesterday and ws wondering what tires work best for a hard packed loamy track? I have heard that crimefighters are good but ive also heard HPI nubs are good. I did notice the nubs make the car more narrow. Any advantages/ disadvantages of this?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #202
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

Wayne, run the stock Crime Fighter tires that you got with the kit. They work great and the grip gets better after 5-6 runs.

The Nubz are great as well, the truck seems to steer better when using these, and also feels a little better if you have tight corners, or a techical section.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #203
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to richb3

I'd like to put in a vote for the Panther Boa's as well. These have a little shorter pin that is spaced out a little more. They are a bit shorter and narrower than the Crimefighters, but I like them a lot. I've upped my clutchbell to 14 tooth with them too, between the smaller diameter and lighter weight, it seems to be a very agreeable combination. Enjoy!
richb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

the thing is, I bought the CRT used from a friend who ran it twice and was convinced his hot bodies was better for him. Therefore it didnt come with tires. I have a friend who manages a hobby shop and can get me a really good deal on HPI nubs. That is why i was asking if they were even worth it or not. Thanks for the feedback
Old 01-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #205
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild gopher
the thing is, I bought the CRT used from a friend who ran it twice and was convinced his hot bodies was better for him. Therefore it didnt come with tires. I have a friend who manages a hobby shop and can get me a really good deal on HPI nubs. That is why i was asking if they were even worth it or not. Thanks for the feedback
Hey Wayne,

How's it going? Glad to see you finally got the CRT I've seen guys run the nubs on their Jammin, seems to work pretty good. The truck did seemed a bit narrower, and with that you'll loose a bit of overal stability (but you'll gain some responsiveness out of the truck) one thing to consider also is that the nubs comes with molded inserts (not foam) so there might be certain application where that works well and when it doesn't.

Steve Wang

p.s. you need to stop by the shop sometimes
Old 01-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #206

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Have my CRT all setup for the coming season. Ordered my mill from Rick Brake Monday. Decided to go with the Novarossi 528XR with the full treatment. I am also going to do the Dace MFG Savage tank mod. I am running the Proline 23mm adapters with 40 series Crime Fighters and Panther foams. Not sure yet if the change in the width will help or hurt. Cant wait for the snow to melt and get the track ready. Two other hopups I have on order is the z-brace and alluminum hubs. I am also going with the yellow wing just for the color match thing. From everything I have read, this should be one wicked truck!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin' X1-CRT - 2005 ROAR National Champion!-x1-crt-001.jpg   Jammin' X1-CRT - 2005 ROAR National Champion!-x1-crt-003.jpg  
Could not do this without my sponsors: OBR/Turtle Racing Core Team, Oneill Brothers Racing, Turtle Racing Products, Axis RC, Detroit Performance RC, Booster Pipes, Ronshop Racing, MIP, Undertaker Custom Paints, Hilantronics, Hitec, Mattox Designs, Team Chase, Phatdad RC, Bodies by Hill, RedXRC
Packfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #207
Tech Fanatic

Packfan, looks good!!!!!!

I haven't tried the Sav tank mod, but I think I will soon so I don't have to pit but once during the main!!!!!!

Also, have you run the truck with the 40 series yet? I can just about guarantee you'll go back to the stockers after you run it the first couple times. When you run the 40 series, the truck just WON'T steer, and you don't get the same speed over jumps and through corners you get with the "Maxx" size rims.

Just my .02, maybe the 40 series works better on your track. I'm guessing you race on a BIG track???
Old 01-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #208
Tech Fanatic

Wayne, try the Nubz first. If you are racing on a hardpacked track, the Nubz will bite harder than the larger ProLine tires.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #209

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSYNTH25
Packfan, looks good!!!!!!

I haven't tried the Sav tank mod, but I think I will soon so I don't have to pit but once during the main!!!!!!

Also, have you run the truck with the 40 series yet? I can just about guarantee you'll go back to the stockers after you run it the first couple times. When you run the 40 series, the truck just WON'T steer, and you don't get the same speed over jumps and through corners you get with the "Maxx" size rims.

Just my .02, maybe the 40 series works better on your track. I'm guessing you race on a BIG track???
Thaks for the tip on the 40 series. I havnt run the truck yet. Our track is 180' by 120'. Well groomed each race day and kept damp throughout the day.
Could not do this without my sponsors: OBR/Turtle Racing Core Team, Oneill Brothers Racing, Turtle Racing Products, Axis RC, Detroit Performance RC, Booster Pipes, Ronshop Racing, MIP, Undertaker Custom Paints, Hilantronics, Hitec, Mattox Designs, Team Chase, Phatdad RC, Bodies by Hill, RedXRC
Packfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #210
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Packerfan your rig looks killer, but the PROLINE 23MM ADAPTERS ARE SUSPECT IMHO, get the Dace. I never finished a race without breaking an axel with them, but that was on a Revo and thats an enferrior(sp?) car anyways-LOL
riverrevo is offline   Reply With Quote