R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 AM   #16
Tech Regular

i've been racing 1/10 gp touring for abt 2 yrs, juz got into 1/10 ep early tis yr.
an ep buggy track will be starting soon here, wanna try a 2WD buggy, nvr drive a 2WD before. & so far, i nvr hop up my cars, i only get springs, anti-roll bars, tat's all, no other nice looking hop up parts.

after some calculations, the factory kit is really worth the $. i will most probably get tat. actually i do prefer plastic parts, for forgiving & easier to drive
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think a Electric RTR Traxxas Stampede Monster Truck would be good for just backyard bashing should be able to get the basic one for 130-140, or 170 ish with an ESC
www.vintagercracing.com/forum/
TeamBrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

OK someone is selling an evader buggy rtr combo with no esc ( i got an esc and i hate duratrax esc's...) for 100$ canadian, thats remote, car, remote batteries...
GP ones...
good deal? I think so, there is a chunk out of the front, ill see if he can get it replaced...
whaddya say?
commanderkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Thats nota bad deal, but it sounds like the buggy has been abused. Make sure you can actually easily get parts for the duratrax before you buy though! For sure if you go with an Associated buggy you will be able to get parts for it. I have a B4 RTR and for the price its awsome! You can put a 13t motor in it which is lots of power and the chassis doesnt need any upgrades at all to be competitive, and if your not racing you wont haev to worry about parts not being up to par. I can tell you that these 1/10th buggies aren't very durable, but at least the parts are cheap.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default about carbon

e

Last edited by Khan48; 07-21-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Khan48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkeen
OK someone is selling an evader buggy rtr combo with no esc ( i got an esc and i hate duratrax esc's...) for 100$ canadian, thats remote, car, remote batteries...
GP ones...
good deal? I think so, there is a chunk out of the front, ill see if he can get it replaced...
whaddya say?
It seems that a large portion of beginners choose this car mainly because it's cheap and raceble/bashable. With that being said, most likely it has been abused at some points. $100 seems like a great deal if he is including batteries and the other things needed to run the car. Duratrax parts aren't to expensive either. Just be careful.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:55 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
I asked about teh carbon chassis in another thread and someone said it handled like crap. I do want to race in the stock class. Is it worth it to buy a plastic bodie to replace the carbon? Should anything else go plastic?
I have heard similar things at my track about the graphite chassis on the B4. Every driver is different, though. Try it with the graphite first for a few races, and if you don't like it, then get the plastic chassis. The main complaint that I heard was that it is too stiff. The setup has to be exact to get some good handling. The plastic one gives you some room for error and flexes in the turns a bit more. Most guys who drive the B4 at my track use the stealth edition instead of the factory team.
briansid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

e

Last edited by Khan48; 07-21-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Khan48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Look here

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_offroad.htm

Setups for the off-road AE racers.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

OK, duratraxx has that parts guarantee and I dont think the thing is a year old yet because the chassis isnt scraped up too bad, it just has a little chunk out of the front...
So, If he gives me the reciept then I can send back the chassis and get a new one? how long would it take?
commanderkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #26
Tech Adept

I think chipped and broken are two different meanings.

Chipped = not new, but works.
Broken = new or used, doesn't work.

I would verify the date of purchase on the receipt before betting on the parts guarantee and purchasing the vehicle for that matter. I would also see what Duratrax considers as covered under their guarantee, i.e. chipped or broken. Always cross your t's and dot your i's when making a purchase from someone you don't know. In other words, buyer beware.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #27
Tech Master

If you politely email Duratrax they will replace anything for free even if that item is not listed under the Stress-Tech warranty sheet.

Sean
Old 09-28-2005, 04:35 AM   #28
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

does anyone know if Team Losi is releasing a New XXX4 4wd buggy?? i was told by stewart grant from custom Model Cars that there is but i cant find find any evidence of any new cars on the team losi web site.
was the xxx4Graphite Plus released in 2003??
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkeberg
does anyone know if Team Losi is releasing a New XXX4 4wd buggy?? i was told by stewart grant from custom Model Cars that there is but i cant find find any evidence of any new cars on the team losi web site.
was the xxx4Graphite Plus released in 2003??
That would be the JRX4 used at the Worlds just recently. It won't see any production though.

Sean
Old 09-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #30
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

Quote:
as said by TeamDuratrax: That would be the JRX4 used at the Worlds just recently. It won't see any production though.

Sean
what you mean it wouldnt see any production?? arent they going to release it soon?? or release it at all?? if so the XXX4G+ will just be updated ??
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote