Opinions on a trade

Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Opinions on a trade

Got a brushed Emaxx that I put a Tacon/Hobbywing brushless combo in. I got a offer locally for a Slash 4x4, rc18b2 with tekin brushless and a mini erevo(roller) for it. I like the emaxx alot but hate that it easily rolls. I owned a Slash 2wd and wasn't a huge fan but figured the 4x4 would be better.

What do you all think of the trade? I'm not a fan of 1/16 1/18 scale so would probably just sell the rc18b2 and merv and pocket that.

Guess I'm asking is the 4x4 slash any more fun than the 2wd or worse for those who have driven both?

Last edited by Snipesr82; 08-25-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

My opinion on the slash, and I have had some wheel time on a brushless eMaxx as well as the 2wd slash and a few other 4wd SC types.

The 4x4 slash will be fun, it will be more stable than the eMaxx, if it does not have the low CG chassis on it it would be worth getting the traxxas parts to do that as that makes it that much less likely to traction roll when you are on high grip like pavement. I think it is like a $60 kit, but I am not 100% sure on that cost. Or if you would even need it.

I agree the little 1:18 and 1:16 jobs are not for me either. Sure they are fast, but the fun dries up for me when they just prove to be spazzy and hard to control.

Not going to chime in and say who has the better side of that trade as I know nothing about the individual cars in question. But as a rule the eMaxx is just an animal to drive, it sits up high, kind of floats around as you get it going fast and when you get much air under it you are just not in control any more. The 4wd SC is not as refined as say a buggy or truggy would be for control, but is leaps and bounds easier than the eMaxx will ever be...
Old 08-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll give you $50 for the mere roller...pm me