Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Currently available tires options for 1/10 truggy (specifically Losi Ten-TE)? > Currently available tires options for 1/10 truggy (specifically Losi Ten-TE)?

Currently available tires options for 1/10 truggy (specifically Losi Ten-TE)?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Currently available tires options for 1/10 truggy (specifically Losi Ten-TE)?

Hey all...I'm looking for tires for my Losi Ten-T E conversion.

I currently have a few sets of tires - but I know they won't last forever. I am currently loving the 320 series Losi Eclipse tire - but they are no longer available. All I can find right now is 320 series Kingpin still in stock at a few places and 320 series Zombie Max.

Any ideas?

Last edited by FormulaZR; 08-25-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

I used 1/8 buggy tires on my converted ten-t.
I 3d printed my hexes but you can buy the 810 hex and stub-axle, and there are probably after market options.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

RC-Monster Mike says one of the better bashing options is the Panther Low Profile Komodo Dragon for the T-Maxx/E-Maxx 3.2" wheel (Panther Number T140) mounted on the RPM Wide Offset ("Stable-Maxx") wheels.

I haven't tried those but I am going to install Integy 12MM offset 17MM hubs and use my SCT tires which are all on DE Racing 17MM hex SCT wheel. Gives me a much wider choice of tire and the current SCT offerings are almost as wide as the LP Komodos.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Well hmm...

Does anyone know of a 2.8 Traxxas bead wheel that uses a 14mm hex?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
Well hmm...

Does anyone know of a 2.8 Traxxas bead wheel that uses a 14mm
hex?
I do not know of any but I wanted a similar wheel, so I just cut off the outer vertical part and made my own.

This wasn't actually on a 2.8 14MM hex wheel - it was on a 3.2" 17MM hex wheel designed for Maxx size tires. But the principle should still apply.

I used small end nippers to cut off most of the outer part then a Craftsman EZ-Cut to clean off the small remaining projections and smoothed the rest with a file. This should work for any wheel.

If you want, I can post a before and after pic.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

So...does cutting the outer lip off of my Losi wheels effectively turn it into a Traxxas bead? Is it really that easy?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
So...does cutting the outer lip off of my Losi wheels effectively turn it into a Traxxas bead? Is it really that easy?
I would not say it turns it into a "Traxxas Bead" because the wheels that Traxxas makes have a V-groove that the bead fits into.

But it does effectively turn it into the same thing as the Proline interpretation of the 2.8 wheel and the same as the current 1/8th buggy bead style.

Here is a picture showing, on the left, a Proline brand Desperado 2.8 wheel, in the center, a standard bead 3.2 (Maxx size) wheel, and on the right, another of those 3.2 Maxx size wheels that has been modified to have the same bead style as the wheel on the left. Once you do that mod to your Ten-T wheel, you can mount any other 2.8 tire that fits on the Proline 2.8 or Traxxas 2.8 wheel.