Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
stadium truck comeback! >

stadium truck comeback!

stadium truck comeback!

Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's up and down here. i've seen 3 or 4 at trophy race and other times we've had for 2 full mains. I love the class i wish it was more popular.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the t5 and 22t 2.0 both would help revive the class even more but it seems to be growing in popularity it general I hope the trend continues as I just picked up a dest210r myself.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
Maybe if the T5 came out it might help the class. The 22T 2.0 would also have to come out.

I imagine they will soon.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
Buy one build the class.... still only 5-6 here any given week at my local outdoor track (CSRCCC)
.... but.... but..... the indoor guys at other tracks up north Florida SCRC , 301, Newreds, Etc. have a full field all the time A and B main's... mostly Stock. But mod is building now too. Go buy a ST and race be one to build the class... contribute!
I was one of the first ones with a ST and I waited and waited and it picked up for a couple of months and then for about 5 months i'd haul it with me only to leave it in my trunk because there weren't enough of them to make a class. I've lost interest in the class really and have been thinking of selling it to get a 4WD SCT, which I never thought I'd consider being as I don't like the look of RC SCT's. ST are one the coolest looking vehicle types in RC and it's a shame this new trend of SCT killed it off in many places.

Not everyone is ballin' like you Glenn. Your tire budget has to be about $1000 per month with all the classes you run!!! LOL
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Our short course craze here in northern cal is slowly but surely dying. Which is a good thing I think for stadium truck. I am guessing the AE T5 is gonna revive the class again. SCTs are expensive for beginners trying to race with 1/8 priced tires, 2x priced bodies and shitty handling. Trading paint gets old the faster you get I suppose .
Old 08-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)

Old 08-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Our short course craze here in northern cal is slowly but surely dying. Which is a good thing I think for stadium truck. I am guessing the AE T5 is gonna revive the class again. SCTs are expensive for beginners trying to race with 1/8 priced tires, 2x priced bodies and shitty handling. Trading paint gets old the faster you get I suppose .
Shourt course is slowly dieng here in the northwest also. i think what we are seeing is all the new people came into the sport when the SC craze was huge and they are slowly moving towards buggy and ST's. which is great.

and as far as waiting for the T5 to save the world, there is nothing wrong with the T4.2 or the 22(as proven this last weekend) or the RT6, just get a truck allready and have fun,

guess what, nobody else is running a T5 either....
Old 08-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Been going back and forth with what rig to get next.. After hearing this I'm all over the T4.2, I wanted it anyways this just made it that much easier..
Old 08-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

There's been 11 entries in just the Mod St class at the track I race at. Unfortunately I keep placing in the middle of the pack with the 22t, not the trucks fault though I'm new to racing and it's a outdoor bumpy and sandy track, that I'm figuring out how to setup for.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've got a Team C TC02T still in the box that I would build if the class was big at my track. I'd love to see JConcepts make some Dirt Webs for them!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c View Post
Shourt course is slowly dieng here in the northwest also. i think what we are seeing is all the new people came into the sport when the SC craze was huge and they are slowly moving towards buggy and ST's. which is great.

and as far as waiting for the T5 to save the world, there is nothing wrong with the T4.2 or the 22(as proven this last weekend) or the RT6, just get a truck allready and have fun,

guess what, nobody else is running a T5 either....
I had a 22t last year but could only run it on big race days so sold it (also hated the quality), the crowds not there yet . Hoping the t5 is as cheap as the b5 which will revive the class. I will run the kyosho in winter most probably.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We regularly have D mains in stadium truck in the winter time up here. Outdoors is a little bit lighter crowd, generally only a B main. It's my favorite 2wd class by far.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdyche View Post
We regularly have D mains in stadium truck in the winter time up here. Outdoors is a little bit lighter crowd, generally only a B main. It's my favorite 2wd class by far.
I guess it's not fair for you, Monty, and I to gang up, but YEAH - Stadum truck rocks in the Pac. NW! Come. Get. Some.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

I want to see 4wd 1/10th scale ST take off.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CTRJ View Post
I've got a Team C TC02T still in the box that I would build if the class was big at my track. I'd love to see JConcepts make some Dirt Webs for them!
If you build it they will come......
Just build it and race it already! I bet there's several other people at ur track saying the same thing. U start and maybe more follow. Never hurts to try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service