Wiki Posts
Search

Turnigy ESC question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Turnigy ESC question

Hello everyone
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this ?
Building a 1/8 scale brushless . Ofna Hyper 7
Ok I just purchase he turnigy trackstar 150a ESC with the trackstar 2100 kv motor and the flysky- FS-GT3B and I am having some issues with this bad boy. I manage to partly get the remote throttle calibration set. According to the ESC manual I manage to get my “neutral and forward throttle set” Reverse throttle is what’s giving me some headache. I tried switching up the motor / esc wires but i cant seems to get it to reset back to factory settings
I ordered the trackstar program box
And I am wondering if the program box has an option to help me reset the esc and start over again . Any help or suggestions will be a great help

Thanks guys
Old 08-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

As i understand it, you need the program box to program reverse. Out of the box it is only set for brakes. If you simply cant get "brake" to calibrate, keep checking your endpoint or arc or expo and all the other settings on your radio back zero for trims subtrims etc. Make sure end points are at 100.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dethklok151
As i understand it, you need the program box to program reverse. Out of the box it is only set for brakes. If you simply cant get "brake" to calibrate, keep checking your endpoint or arc or expo and all the other settings on your radio back zero for trims subtrims etc. Make sure end points are at 100.
That is correct. The program box is needed to get reverse.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have that ESC and one thing that needs to be noted is its complete lack of compatibility with NiMH batteries. The ESC only works with Lipos. I don't know if that is your issue but I thought that I would provide that insight.