Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Can I replace e-clips on the Kyosho Inferno VE with something else? >

Can I replace e-clips on the Kyosho Inferno VE with something else?

Can I replace e-clips on the Kyosho Inferno VE with something else?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Can I replace e-clips on the Kyosho Inferno VE with something else?

Hi,

As I'm trying to change shock towers (front/rear) of my Inferno VE I found that it's not easy to remove the e-clips and not break it. It is very loose when I put it back So I'm wondering is there any other option I can use instead of these e-clips? Or I just have to live with it?

Thanks!

PS. I'm very new to this hobby so sorry if it's a silly question with obvious answer.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xzeratul View Post
Hi,

As I'm trying to change shock towers (front/rear) of my Inferno VE I found that it's not easy to remove the e-clips and not break it. It is very loose when I put it back So I'm wondering is there any other option I can use instead of these e-clips? Or I just have to live with it?

Thanks!

PS. I'm very new to this hobby so sorry if it's a silly question with obvious answer.
I don't have that car and I didn't see a thread for it so..... those E-clips are common and in time you will learn to pop them off and on without breaking them.... BUT they weaken and will eventually fail so if they don't SNAP on then I would replace them. They are super cheap, just buy a couple packs of extras. I see they have a couple different sizes so get both. Here is a great site for Kyosho owners, product and information both. http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_E..._p/kyo1382.htm
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
I don't have that car and I didn't see a thread for it so..... those E-clips are common and in time you will learn to pop them off and on without breaking them.... BUT they weaken and will eventually fail so if they don't SNAP on then I would replace them. They are super cheap, just buy a couple packs of extras. I see they have a couple different sizes so get both. Here is a great site for Kyosho owners, product and information both. http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_E..._p/kyo1382.htm
Thanks, guess I have to visit the local Kyosho store this weekend