Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Finally got a 1/8 buggy after years of inaction. >

Finally got a 1/8 buggy after years of inaction.

Finally got a 1/8 buggy after years of inaction.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Finally got a 1/8 buggy after years of inaction.

Its been years since i owned a 1/8 buggy. Unfortunately, I sold my rc8e years ago(2009) and I was very, very sad to see it go. I vowed to get it back.

Well, my rc8.2e rtr came today in the mail! I wanted to race it immidiatly and read recent posts on here to get any ides on how i can get a competitive setup with shock oils, diff oils, ride hight and how many shock clips I should add since the rtr shocks are not adjustable. From what I read about how competitve the rc8.2e is compared to the newer different brand models. It seems its getting to be an underdog but I'm not worried and bummed I didn't research before buying. It looks close to my rc8e.

At first i regretted buying the rc8.2e and thought I should have done my research and it seems AE is no longer top dog. I realize I'm simply greatful to have a buggy.
Xb9, mbx7 Eco, serpant... Didn't even know about these but they look fantastic and wondered if my car were to limit my chances of winning granted I became a racer. My budget was 400 and the rtr was appealing to me so i pulled the trigger. I hope the rc8.2e is as competitve as the others. Its the rtr version, I wanted to get the most out my rtr gradually upgrading. The shocks are not adjustable and use clips.

I used to be registered here under BigKahuna but in long since forgot my login info and changed emails

Any help and suggesgttions and I'd be greatful.