Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Choosing a Quality ESC/Motor for LOSI TEN SCTE Roller

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to mention a few things .... I had a scte for a loooonnnngggg time and had several systems in it .

My track is pretty big and during the week is dry , dusty , and hard as a brick. On race day , its has tons and tons of grip and is abrasive.

I will say that I didnt feel like I had comparable power to the other trucks until I had a 120 amp controller in the truck. Based on a dissapointing experience with a 4000 kv pro 4 , I went with the scpro hobbywing combo with 4700 kv . Loved it ... still do . I ran the punch up around 7 with that motor. I have a HD 4300 in it now , but I can turn the punch down to 4 and run the same lap times, come off track a little cooler. When you have a bunch of grip , you can take advantage of the power it makes . If I turn up the power , I can literally waste a set of softs in a track day and go slower. So more really is not better. When my track has grip and short run ups , I run that HD. When it gets changed and the layout has a lot of speed to it , I go with the 4700. A scte with a pro 4 4600 , hd4300, or hobbywing 4700 will not be quicker just because of the motor in it , they all make tons and tons of power. My 2 cents , and its probably overpriced at that...

If you are not racing , go 3s and never look back .....