Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some advice on a starter car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Being that you're likely talking about the brushed version, its gonna be a little disappointing.
And its 2WD.

If you can up ur budget a bit more and dont mind going a little smaller, I think the Losi Mini 8-T would an awesome 1st car. Its brushless, 4WD, good parts support and the ability to be an actual racing RC down the road.

Bear in mind that no matter what RC you choose, you'll hafta to set a budget for a decent charger, extra battery (Nihm or Lipo whichever you choose) and spare parts.

By the time you're done, you'll soon realize a $250 budget isn't realistic.
Double that and you should be good.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all the help guys! i went with the Iron Track RC Bowie 1:10 Scale 4WD Brushless RTR from nitro RC. there were tons of reviews about the car and none of them were bad. also replacement parts are available so that was a plus. im really hoping this was a good choice for a starter car
Old 07-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Uh yea...I see this is your 2nd thread you started on the same subject.
I like how you ask what to get, NOBODY really recommends anything from Nitro RC but you end up getting anyone despite what we say.

Oh well......good luck and oh, as for the TONS of non-existent reviews, I found a couple on Amazon that should give you a warm fuzzy feeling.
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Track-RC-...ews/9269808866
Old 07-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Uh yea...I see this is your 2nd thread you started on the same subject.
I like how you ask what to get, NOBODY really recommends anything from Nitro RC but you end up getting anyone despite what we say.

Oh well......good luck and oh, as for the TONS of non-existent reviews, I found a couple on Amazon that should give you a warm fuzzy feeling.
theres tons of reviews on the car from nitro rc. and yes i have seen those reviews from amazon. probably from non experienced users. i would take the reviews on nitro rc over 2 reviews from amazon.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GarrettZ
yes i have seen those reviews from amazon. probably from non experienced users
Yes because we know that Nitro RC cars are only purchased by qualified experienced RC users like yourself.

i would take the reviews on nitro rc over 2 reviews from amazon.
Sure why not...I'm sure the few positive reviews there are impartial. But I wonder why there's no bad reviews posted

You're kinda sounding like you're affiliated with Nitro RC....nah, that would be pitiful and sad if that was the case.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

You'll find no one who has been in the hobby for more than a few years buys from Nitro RC, so you're reading reviews by people who have no idea what they are buying.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok i canceled my order from nitro rc. i didnt know there products were that bad. [sorry im new] can someone please link me a good starter car that is decently fast and that is around 200-250$ preferably RTR. im not going to be racing it. its just for messing around with my friends, until i get more serious into the hobby thanks everyone.

and i dont work for nitro rc haha
Old 07-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

This.

It's what most people have been suggesting - it's rtr, durable, has fantastic parts support and if you do decide to start racing (I was like you when I started, didnt want to race, but soon changed my mind), it's not hard to get it into an adequate racer.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks man! im ordering it right now. also will it be fast even though its brushed? i heard brushless are way faster. is that true?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes, brushless are faster, but if you have a brushless system in your car for your budget, you are making sacrifices in other areas that you really shouldnt be.

I'll lay this out really simple for you though; you get what you pay for with hobby grade RCs - If you want to really go fast, you need to spend more.

Honestly though, you dont need what we here consider a "really fast car," and frankly it's be silly for you to get one as a first car. I think you are underestimating how fast these things go, especially when you have to actually control them.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes, brushless are faster, but if you have a brushless system in your car for your budget, you are making sacrifices in other areas that you really shouldnt be.

I'll lay this out really simple for you though; you get what you pay for with hobby grade RCs - If you want to really go fast, you need to spend more.

Honestly though, you dont need what we here consider a "really fast car," and frankly it's be silly for you to get one as a first car. I think you are underestimating how fast these things go, especially when you have to actually control them.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok man, thanks for all the help really appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Your welcome; welcome to the hobby =)
Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Great choice with the slash. Possible the best, if not the best first rc!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I notice they're out of stock on traxxas.com A good place to buy online is

Tower hobbies http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXDBUC**&P=ML

or A-Main hobbies http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...attery-Charger

There are others.

Local hobby shop is best to buy from if you have one of course, so you can get help from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.