Like Tree44Likes

Xray XB8E thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Been trying the 5 dot and initial feeling is good!
Old 08-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uDi_MP7.5 View Post
Hey TheWorstDriver, could you share some pics or info of your throttle/brake curves? I asked earlier (quoted below) but you maybe missed it.

Appreciate the details on the MIP pistons, I'll probably give your exact setup a go when I get the chance to buy some.

OK so, first you would probably need to know the details of my battery, motor, and pinion to understand the radio and ECS settings. If you've been running E for a while, and know how you like your settings, I would stick to that.

Battery 15.2 volt LiHV 5200Mah

Tekin RX8 Gen 3 with a Tekin 2050KV (with a 1900KV I assume my settings would be totally different)

16T pinion/46T spur

RX8:

Turned down to 50-60% max torque

Brake frequency has been turned up for a smoother feel, and overall brake turned down, (I like to use lighter brake settings rather than hard tap them, so as to not upset the cars traction and weight transfer too much). However, If you are always using the brake to make the car rotate, then you might need to change the cars setup to better rotate, and then re-setup the brake.

Radio:

I do most of the "smoothing out" of the settings in my radio (SanWa M17)

Throttle speed settings 100% (I like instant response upon physical movement of the radio, and I use other settings to down-play the strength of the response. I think some people get "speed of the response and "strength" of the response mixed up. Often they will use dual rate to change both at the same time, when this might not be optimal.)

Brake Speed settings 100%

EPA Brake 95% (I like to have a 5% adjustable range so I can fine tune from the stand, I have linked two trim buttons to the EPA settings for brake and TH, so I can drive and adjust at the same time)

EPA TH 95%

My current 10 point throttle curve settings, I change them often, but the settings below are what I have now. I normally have my trigger movement setup to leave me a little room for what I call "panic play", a little less response on initial physical trigger movement, but when I line up a jump that last stab is progressive and really punches out!,... like - EXP) Also makes it easier to tiptoe around technical sections)

Point 3% (initial trigger pull)

Point 12%

Point 26%

Point 39%

Point 47%

Point 61%

Point 72%

Point 84% (stab up quickly and a bit more progressively)

Point 95%

Point 100%

The buggy has been driven by others, and the feedback is: "like butter", "smooth", and "Easy to drive". I do understand that "easy to drive", can mean "too slow", so as I can spare consistency in my laps, I will speed things up or increase power and brake to drop lap times if possible. Hope that helps.
uDi_MP7.5 and ronsand like this.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

for springs.. we still running 4dot up front.. 3 dot rear.. when its smooth high bite.. we went to 4dot rears.. i did use mugen springs last year.. they work.. but you have to flip the spring collar because the mugen springs are smaller diameter.. the kyosho springs work as well.. at nats this year.. the AE guys were borrowing the xray springs and swaybars.. just a little info..
Old 08-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm assuming the 4 dot is a stiffer spring then the 3 dot, If I was to upgrade to the 4 dot, would I change my shock piston or shock oil settings?
Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I'm assuming the 4 dot is a stiffer spring then the 3 dot, If I was to upgrade to the 4 dot, would I change my shock piston or shock oil settings?
yes, its stiffer than the 3dot.. i dont know your settings on our shocks.. so i cant say weather to change or not.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Itís not really an upgrade just a change to what the surface/style dictates