Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default TLR 22SCT 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD SCT thread

(Official Thread)
Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Team Losi Racing (TLR) has just announced the all new 22SCT 2.0 Short Course Truck Kit. This is a race kit that requires assembly and additional components including electronics.

Direct link to TLRacing.com site - http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=TLR03003

The 22SCT™ 2.0 Short Course Truck Race Kit is the next step in the evolution of the championship-winning 22™ platform. Its uses front suspension advances adapted from the 22 2.0 buggy and all new rear suspension geometry to give drivers of all skill levels a short course truck that’s easy to drive fast. Other changes include a new bell-crank steering system, Gen II shocks with X-ring seals and a completely updated ball differential with tungsten carbide diff balls. The kit also includes popular option parts and an all-new, more durable body.

Chassis Call-Outs
1. 22 2.0 Caster block and spindle with revised geometry
2. Wider front and rear arms for added stability
3. Gen II shocks with machined piston and x-ring seals
4. Bell crank steering system for smoother steering
5. Removable ESC mounting tray for chassis ESC mounting
6. 2.5mm 7075T6 aluminum chassis with additional milling; 10g+ lighter
7. New front shock tower provides additional droop and new shock mounting locations
8. HDS slipper system with grooved slipper plates
9. Updated ball differential with tungsten carbide balls
10. Body mount braces, front and rear
11. TiCN shock shaft, inner hinge pins, and outer threaded hinge pins
12. Aluminum rear camber block
13. New rear hub with less wheel off-set
14. Aluminum clamping SCT +.75mm hexes
15. Aluminum ball stud washers throughout
16. Adjustable battery mounting for shorty or full-size LiPo packs
17. Rear motor configuration only. Mid motor conversion kit available (TLR338001).

Features:

UPDATED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY

The updated suspension geometry will help racers of all skill levels go faster. Revised caster blocks and spindles make the truck easier to drive around center without sacrificing any of the corner speed. They also allow the rear end to squat under throttle so you can accelerate faster. In the rear, a wider arm and less off-set on the rear hub make it possible to change direction more easily and make faster exits from the turn.

BELL CRANK STEERING SYSTEM

The new bell crank steering system now has bearings that improve steering response and eliminate slop. Ackermann angle has been reduced for more control on corner entry. This improves low-speed steering while making high-speed steering less sensitive and easier to control. Racers also have more flexibility in adjusting Ackerman than with a traditional rack steering system.

OPTION PARTS INCLUDED
An impressive collection of option parts are included that make this a ‘team spec’ kit right out of the box:
-Aluminum rear camber block
-Aluminum 22SCT +.75 clamping rear hexes
-Aluminum ball stud spacers throughout
-Ti-Carbo-nitride threaded front kingpin
-Ti-Carbo-nitride threaded rear outer hingepins
-OPTION PARTS INCLUDED
-ADJUSTABLE ESC AND BATTERY MOUNTING SYSTEM

ADJUSTABLE ESC AND BATTERY MOUNTING SYSTEM
Making its debut on the 22SCT 2.0 truck is a rear battery tray with a removable ESC shelf. This lets you mount the ESC directly to the chassis when running a shorty LiPo pack or a full size pack forward to lower the center of gravity in the rear. If you mount the shelf in the traditional ESC location, there is plenty of room for a full-size LiPo pack to fit underneath. This will move a higher percentage of the weight to the rear for looser tracks. An adjustable rear battery stock allows you to quickly adapt the battery tray for shorty or full-size LiPo packs. It also lets you mount them in forward, middle or rear mounting positions using no more than two battery foams.

GEN II 12MM BIG BORE SHOCKS
The Gen II shocks keep operating friction to a minimum without leaking or weeping oil. This keeps suspension response consistent and significantly reduces maintenance. They deliver a plush ride near the top of their travel but still provide plenty of bottoming resistance when landing big jumps. Updated parts include:
-Longer shock bodies and shafts for increased suspension travel
-CNC machined 2-hole 1.6mm and 1.7mm pistons
-CNC machined O-ring and guide bushings
-New silicone X-ring seals
-Ti-Carbo-nitride coated shock shafts
-Aluminum bleeder screw shock caps
-GEN II 12MM BIG BORE SHOCKS

OPTIMIZED 22 DIFFERENTIAL
The ball differential now features all new components that improve performance and durability:
Tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls
Larger OD diff rings with surface ground finish
Heat treated thrust washers
Gen II, one-piece diff nut
Outdrive with 2nd operation ring surface machining
Centering pins on the main diff gear

NEW 22SCT 2.0 BODY
Aggressive lines give the 22SCT 2.0 body more attitude. It’s also shorter which decreases high rolling body weight and increases ground clearance. It is molded from tough 1.2mm polycarbonate with fewer deep pull areas in the rear bed. This, along with the improved rear ground clearance, substantially improves the body’s durability. Scribe lines in the hood and bed show where to make cut outs so air can freely flow through the body during large jumps.

HARD ANODIZED 7075-T6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS
The strength and managed flex characteristics of this chassis make it perfect for competition. Additional milled pockets shave more than 10 grams from its weight without sacrificing any of its strength. The added pockets also let you mount the servo and ESC lower which in turn helps lower the truck’s center of gravity.

MID MOTOR CONVERSION KIT
The 22SCT 2.0 kit includes all the parts necessary for rear motor configuration. In testing, this configuration has proven to work well on all surfaces. A mid-motor conversion kit (TLR338001) is available separately that gives the truck better balance and makes it even easier to drive on high-grip surfaces.

Here are some images:

New 2.0 front caster block and spindle:

HDS Slipper with Grooved Slipper Plates:

All new rear arm and rear hub with less off-set:

Bell Crank Steering System:

ESC Mounted on ESC Mounting Shelf:

ESC Mounted on Chassis, with shelf removed:

More to come - FAQ's once I get questions that are frequenty

Last edited by Frank Root; 07-17-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Adding information :)
Old 07-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
BOOM! And we are up and rolling. Here to help!
Have you tried this truck Mid Motor? If so what are the differences and which would you prefer?

Would you want to switch from RM to MM per track?

Just thought i would get the FAQ's out of the way now. lol
Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
Have you tried this truck Mid Motor? If so what are the differences and which would you prefer?

Would you want to switch from RM to MM per track?

Just thought i would get the FAQ's out of the way now. lol
I have not run SCT in MM recently. RM seems to be the way to go on most tracks for most drivers, which is why that was our focus in testing.

At A-Main Hobbies for the JC Race, Ryan, JR. and myself all ran RM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
IM not sure the 2.0 is different enough from the 1.0 to have a dedicated new thread.
This truck was changed quite a bit if you look at the description of parts. It deserves it's own thread.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:23 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran the 22SCT a lot in both mm and rm with the 2.0 buggy parts and bellcranks added, plus the truck rear arm mod. This was mostly at Outback raceway where the JC race was last weekend. I thought it was good in mm but when I changed back to rm for testing it was much more comfortable to drive and I could push it much harder. Fast lap was pretty much the same but more consistent in rm.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76 View Post
Thanks for starting it!

You must not really pay attention enough to know they are completely different.

bell cranks, arms, shocks, hubs, chassis and I could go on and on.
Okokokok. I knows it's quite different, but I see the changes as evolutionary, and not different. Essentially it is all the same.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

and now frank has the second post.....
Old 07-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
and now frank has the second post.....
Awesome work!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

keep the updates coming, wish November would hurry up (points at the snow - you stay away tho)
Old 07-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

I'm curious why no aluminum in the front, (Camber and Pivot bock). I understand keeping the price down but if I remember, these were the first two things most people put on their trucks.

Does the truck still use the 30 deg pivot?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:27 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by SkipGear View Post
I'm curious why no aluminum in the front, (Camber and Pivot bock). I understand keeping the price down but if I remember, these were the first two things most people put on their trucks.

Does the truck still use the 30 deg pivot?
Cost, and the front pivot is a tuning option, not really a durability thing. I've run the plastic front pivots for quite a bit of time, and have never broken one (or seen one broken for that matter). The front camber block is something that we really don't see break except for the rare occasion.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have owned the 22sct since the day it came out, I have only broken the right front spindle twice(ya it was my fault, I hit a wall), Front pivot is plastic and staying that way....I am glad it was not included.
Frank happy to see this truck got a thread of it's own.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Frank The picture of the rear hub looks like it is taller than the 22 2.0 If it is how much taller and is the inner camber mount in the same location as before
Thanks
Joe
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I spent a lot of money getting my SCT into what resembles the 2.0, and I find it very impressive that this kit comes with all the goodies. Even aluminum ball stud washers and spacers for the rear hub.

Looks like it has some new ends for the bellcrank steering as well. very interesting!

Good work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.