Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Clutch Problems

I have an rc10gt. For some reason everytime i run the truck for 2-3 tanks i manage to break the clip that holds my clutch bell on, when that falls off, my clutch bearing falls out then the cluch wobbles and frys my spur gear, its happend like 4 times already the exact same thing, the second time it happend i replaced the clutch and it still happend.... any ideas whats causing this? or a cheap way to fix it? ... i have a Megatech .16 motor
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

how do you have your clutch bell shimmed? you don't want it so there is no play, you want a little bit though. Are you getting the e clip on all the way? I know this may seem dumb, but I have seen it. make sure you are using the right size e clip too!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah its the right sized clip, i noticed the last couple times theres little shavings of steel inside my clutch bell, the bearing or something is starting to shave my clutch bell. Im probably just going to end up replacing the entire clutch bell assembly. I think when i shortened the pins on the flywheel for the new clutch i may have bent one or made it off balance
Old 08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

that is starting to make some sense, having the possible bent pin. something like that would give you the problems that you are experiencing.