Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX-7T Eco

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)
Default Mugen MBX-7T Eco

Figured I would start a x7T eco thread for setups and stuff I will post my setup later today. But my first impressions of this truggy are great, it steers terrifically jumps great and has a very planted feel to it. My only very small issue is my rear side bite in corners is not were I want it to be so once I get that perfect I'll be a very happy guy. The truggy is top notch mugen quality even though some guys have had issues with the kingpin pillow balls breaking, I have not had this issue personally. I'm sure mugen is taking care of it and they are aware of the issue and anyone who has had this issue should contact mugen USA and they will gladly replace the part for you. So guys let's get some info generating on here and find what is working and what's not working. My first input is the diffs I started at 10 front / 10 center / 7 rear and it was ok good starting point but I'm going to try 7 front / 15 center / 5 rear cause I want a little more off power steering and as I stated earlier the rear is a little loose in the corner. On the shocks I'm using the 5 hole straight pistons (0543) I believe is the part number I'm using 700 cst front / 650 cst rear with 7.5 front springs and 8.0 rear springs my Ackerman I have the plate reversed 2nd hole forward and everything else is stock position at this time I will keep it updated. So if anyone has anything to add let's hear it
Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

There is already a thread started http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-electric.html
Old 06-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yes

Originally Posted by egobrkr
I saw that just figured it would be nice to have a electric only thread
Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Kingpin

Well finally broke a kingpin ball it lasted two race weekends jumped small double landed good and it sheared off just like all the others. So I got some steel ones on the way
Old 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thumper_pa
I saw that just figured it would be nice to have a electric only thread
The thread mentioned is in the electric section and is for that version. Please use it to keep the info together for everyone's benefit. Thanks.