Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What RC Parts should I expect to break? >

What RC Parts should I expect to break?

What RC Parts should I expect to break?

Old 06-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What RC Parts should I expect to break?

G'day,

Josh here. I've just purchased my first 'Real' RC Car. The HSP Breaker DB (94201). I understand HSP isn't the greatest brand out there, but I was on a budget and I like the fact I can get replacement parts for everything in/on the car and 95% of those parts are available directly from Australia and a pretty good price.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to mess around with things, change things and often break things. I'd like to stock up on parts that I'll need. See I can get replacement Parts from China for about half the price they are in Australia.. So I'm planning to buy parts from China that I don't need urgently.

So my question is, what parts should I stock up on? Will I break Hub Carriers, Hubs, Front/Rear Arms and even the Gearbox or whatever else. See I really want to upgrade the car to Alloy parts so should I, or won't I break those parts?

I'm planning on Racing (For Fun) & Jumping. I'll be making my own courses too since I live close to bushland.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't go crazy upgrading the car; have fun with it, repair when needed, but when you really want to upgrade, move on to a new car from a better brand. It's much cheaper, and it'll be a better car anyway.

I started with an HSP 1/10 Buggy a few years back, and I broke 3 rear arms (never the front, dont ask me why, I had plenty of front collisions), several camber links, cracked a shock cap (though it never actually broke off) and a front shock tower. Also, my spur gear kept getting stripped by dirt and rocks getting into it (not being a fully enclosed unit).

I wasn't overly hard on it though, keep that in mind, this damage was over a year and a half or so.
I finally ditched it when I broke the actual chassy (not the car's fault at all), and couldnt be bothered buying a new one, and putting all the components from the broken one onto the new one.

Anyway, welcome to the Hobby =)
Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With a brand like that, Id stock up on a couple complete roller chassis.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
With a brand like that, Id stock up on a couple complete roller chassis.