Wiki Posts
Search

beginner of electric buggy help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless Corey
I'm just speaking from the experience I have and that is with Losi's. That's all I've ever owned. Mainly due to the being one of the higher supported brands and a lot of guys run them. Just seems to be easier to get help with a set up when other people own what you have.
I see where you are coming from Corey but Phynix is right and you guys are saying the same thing. The Losi's tend to slop out as you indicated. To some people that is a deal breaker and they want a tight car. I currently race a 8ight-t 2.0 with tekno conversion and over time it has developed slop, but that's not a bad thing, just what happens.

That said I recently converted from an 8ight 2.0 to a XB9 and there is a huge difference in the fit/finish and how it wears. I have a buddy that I helped convert his XB9 to electric after he had raced it for several seasons (enough that he needed a new chassis!) and was surprised how solid everything felt (steering, suspension, drivetrain). The Xray shocks are a huge step up from the 8ight shocks imho (although the new 16mm are pretty nice and I have upgraded them on my truggy).

The Serpent and Mugen are also very nice in their own regards and seem like solid platforms.

The biggest thing would be what has local parts support and is there anyone else running one at your track. Breaking a $5 part and missing racing sucks. Also if you are having problems with your car it helps to have someone else take a look at it with a fresh set of eyes that are familiar with the platform.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you for every body, at now after one weeks thinking i really don't know what i buy, at now i have offer for Kyosho mp9e with mamba monster 2650, but is 500euro.
yes in this I find lot's of good advertisement, but I'm in Eu...
Old 06-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Might help out a little too.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...pros-cons.html

This one has alot of useful info too. Good luck with your choice.
Kris