Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Blue Can Liquid Wrench For Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I asked this in a rookie thread also about saucing but asking here too.
Can I sauce old tires that haven't been sauced in the past? Will they still respond or is it something you need to do from new?
Old 02-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsapata
I asked this in a rookie thread also about saucing but asking here too.
Can I sauce old tires that haven't been sauced in the past? Will they still respond or is it something you need to do from new?
yes you can sauce old tires and likely should as they have probably dried out a bit from their original state.
Jsapata likes this.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Tire sauce

I bought Liquid Wrench L212 but it was a different looking can then the blue with the Yellow top, which is also L212. Will this be the same thing?
Attached Thumbnails Blue Can Liquid Wrench For Tires-image.jpg  
Old 08-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am finding 2 different cans of blue LW. One is labeled lubricating and penetrating the other is labeled lubricating. Lubricating is dark blue and L and P is light blue. Both have black caps. Which do I use?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show
I am finding 2 different cans of blue LW. One is labeled lubricating and penetrating the other is labeled lubricating. Lubricating is dark blue and L and P is light blue. Both have black caps. Which do I use?
You want the lubricating one.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry to bring back an old thread but do people still use LW Blue on indoor clay? SDRC carries Sticky Kicks and LW Yellow, but I was told LW yellow is very aggressive and normally only for quick break in on new tires or if you really don't mind your tires not lasting long you use it all the time. I could not find LW Blue at the local stores I looked at (Autozone, Walmart, etc) so I ended up buying Sticky Kicks Orange at the track and it worked great.. I think it is more aggressive than I want for my proline positron clay compound tires, but is perfect for the new Jconcepts Ellipse clays. Also maybe just a little to aggressive for the dirt webs.. I want my tires to last but I also want the extra traction. Trying to find a compromise.

Where about is LW Blue (L212) on the aggression compared to Sticky Kicks Orange? more or less? It for sure is cheaper... I ordered some on Amazon to try it out.

Has anyone tried diluting sauce? Like I was thinking of adding 25% water to my sticky kicks orange and see how that works.... Next time I will get a less aggressive sticky kicks (pink) if I don't like how the LW Blue works out.

Edit - I have tried both Sticky Kicks orange and LW Blue now.. and I have to say they are pretty close traction wise but man does the sticky kicks orange dry faster and smell a lot better. SK costs about 4x as much. They both seem to add traction long enough for a full practice run (10+ mins) and seem to increase wear about the same. Both seem a bit too strong for Proline Clay Positrons unless it is a big race or your trying to break in new tires. Both are perfect for Jconcept Ellipses.

Last edited by socalcloin; 10-19-2018 at 04:38 PM.